WeedIsMySin
7 minutes ago, Arika S said:

off

but why? Those specs should run nicely

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

1 minute ago, Underi said:

but why? Those specs should run nicely

It drains performance incredibly for pretty much nothing 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Try it yourself and decide if you like it. If you're trying to hit high framerates then probably off, even for a high end system like that.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Test it for yourself?

Turn the setting on and see how it performs and how it looks, then turn the setting off and see how it performs and looks.

Then make a decision based on whether the performance lost is worth the improvement in graphical quality or not.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Off, Geralt's hair looks ridiculous with it on. The performance hit is a secondary consideration.

5950 - 3090 - 32gb - Aorus FV43U - Steam Deck - Fuji xPro 3 - Olympus OM1 n

Today, I asked the same question to me. I decided to turn Hairworks off. 10-30+ more Frames. I can live without Hairworks.

HairWonks off, and grab mods to make everything else look better with far less of a negative performance impact than the base game with HairWonks on.

Me and my cute little rx560 were able to play the extensively modded game fairly well.  But only because I got a "HairWonks off on Witchers beard" mod and a minimal hairworks on wolves mod.  Perf felt like it damn near doubled after that, and I was then able to significantly up view distances, foliage, # of NPCs and any number of other things.

Hairworks can be cool and all but there is a point of diminishing returns that devs seem to overshoot every time.

On 8/29/2018 at 11:29 PM, WeedIsMySin said:

Specs: 1070ti i7 8700k 16GB DDR4 2133mhz

This depends entirely on what you want. For your game to look better or play smoother.

At 1080p, you're looking at a difference of 13-15 fps between on and off. At 1440p and 4k, it's even more fps.

If you want hairy animals to look gorgeous sacrificing a big hit to fps, then by all means, turn it on.

But if you want smoother game play and not so gorgeous hairy animals, turn it off.