Loot boxes in Heroes of the Storm & Overwatch will be partially removed in Belgium due to regulations

ItsMitch
2 hours ago, Master Delta Chief said:

Well that's a big shame and just plainly stupid in-game. From a marketing perspective I get it, but then again we're still talking about gambling. It didn't take you like one try to get an item (unless you were lucky of course). The thing which makes me like mad about these days about games I payed, is that this sort of lootbox system is almost implemented everywhere. I sorta get it when you have this system in F2P games, but that's almost the same thing. There's something else about payed games I don't like but that's kinda different then what we're talking about here.

Costs money to continue to develop for the game and even creating the new cosmetics themselves. I have played the game so much that it probably has more playtime than my entire steam library. I love the game and want to support the developer so to me buying lootboxes is a choice I can make and do from time to time. I hardly find that to be stupid. 

58 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Costs money to continue to develop for the game and even creating the new cosmetics themselves. I have played the game so much that it probably has more playtime than my entire steam library. I love the game and want to support the developer so to me buying lootboxes is a choice I can make and do from time to time. I hardly find that to be stupid. 

For a free-to-play game, sure I get it. I do the same thing with Warframe from time to time whenever I need their premium currency. However, premium currency is somewhat different then that of lootboxes, because you know what you want to get with it. But for a game that I personally paid for that has lootboxes and even like premium currency in it, no, not at all. Even if it might help out the developers, I think there are plenty of other ways to help them instead of letting them ripping people off. 

One of the best examples I can give you is Siege. It has a lootbox system together with premium currency as well as currency you earn in-game. Yes, you have the option to pay for the cosmetic or whatever you want (with real money or with in-game), but the point here is, is that these people are in plain sight just messing with people. Of course, this isn't the only game on the market that pulls off a stunt like that. I'll be honest here, OW wasn't that bad when it came to that in my opinion, at least I don't think it was. But yeah, this is just how I see things basically.

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 21.04

1 minute ago, Master Delta Chief said:

For a free-to-play game, sure I get it. I do the same thing with Warframe from time to time whenever I need their premium currency. However, premium currency is somewhat different then that of lootboxes, because you know what you want to get with it. But for a game that I personally paid for that has lootboxes and even like premium currency in it, no, not at all. Even if it might help out the developers, I think there are plenty of other ways to help them instead of letting them ripping people off. 

One of the best examples I can give you is Siege. It has a lootbox system together with premium currency as well as currency you earn in-game. Yes, you have the option to pay for the cosmetic or whatever you want (with real money or with in-game), but the point here is, is that these people are in plain sight just messing with people. Of course, this isn't the only game on the market that pulls off a stunt like that. I'll be honest here, OW wasn't that bad when it came to that in my opinion, at least I don't think it was. But yeah, this is just how I see things basically.

You get the loot boxes for free in game from arcade challenges and simply leveling up. There is also in game currency that you get from lootboxes so it's pretty easy to simply buy the skin you want with gold. 

22 hours ago, Techstorm970 said:

I mean, in the case of Overwatch, the things you get in the loot boxes add nothing significant to the gameplay.  You get skins, catchphrases, logos...it's all cosmetic!  I honestly don't really care...if people want to waste their money on something like that, then just let them.

The problem is that they are exploiting children and people with tendencies (aka whales), which is unethical on its own. Moreover, if publisher taught us anything it will be that they love to double down ... Loot boxes could become non cosmetic anytime if they want it with a patch or in other games, and worse game mechanisms could be tweaked to make it worse.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

You get the loot boxes for free in game from arcade challenges and simply leveling up. There is also in game currency that you get from lootboxes so it's pretty easy to simply buy the skin you want with gold. 

To be frank you seem to be missing the point that alot of us are mentioning, we are talking about the implementation of lootboxes and less about what is JUST in Overwatch or the games you play. You mentioned the same thing over and over and keep missing the point we are trying to get at.

No one is saying that we don't want to support the developer, just that there are better ways to do so then as Master Delta Chief mentions them just screwing over the player base.

Image result for missed the point gif

59 minutes ago, Muffin_man17 said:

To be frank you seem to be missing the point that alot of us are mentioning, we are talking about the implementation of lootboxes and less about what is JUST in Overwatch or the games you play. You mentioned the same thing over and over and keep missing the point we are trying to get at.

No one is saying that we don't want to support the developer, just that there are better ways to do so then as Master Delta Chief mentions them just screwing over the player base.

Image result for missed the point gif

I think you missed mine. This thread is related to overwatch and their specific implementation of lootboxes. My point is that their implementation is not screwing over players and has many mechanics to make it fair and way less rng than other games. There are games that definitely take advantage of players through loot box systems but overwatch isn't one of them. 

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

Oh I agree, it's just a little less awful if you're willing to pay for those skins.

Alarak main of course!

Alarak... Wow, as abathur says "Unacceptable!"

There was multiple threads up about the locking behind gems when it came to skins but it seems blizzard didn't really get the memo