Connecting several PCs to the same external hard drive

Hello guys, I need help with something.

I recently bought a 4TB external hard drive to make some backups of my server. I also needed to connect another PC to the external hard drive, so I bought one that had an USB hub integrated. The device I bought is the Seagate Backup Plus 4TB. It has its own cable that I connected to the server, and 2 USB 3.0 ports on the front of the device, which I intended to use to connect another PC to it with a normal USB cable. Obviously this wouldn't be that easy.

I have a mini PC that has low storage built in, so I want to connect it to the external hard drive and also have it connected to the server at the same time. I connected the PC to one of the ports on the front with a USB cable, but it doesn't show up in the mini PC, not even in the disk manager.

What I'm trying to do here is to use this external hard drive as a local drive for the MINI PC while I have it connected to the server. Also I can't share the external hard drive for other reasons. 

Do you guys know what can I do?

(btw maybe I wasn't clear enough with this explanation, so if you want to help but have any doubt just ask, and I'll try to anwser)

What about using your router? If it has a USB port on it you could share it over the network.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Many routers have a USB port- this way you can keep backups from many PC's one one drive. 

So if I connect the hard drive to the router, which I think it has a USB port, will I be able to make backups of the server as well as storing data of the mini PC? 

Thanks guys