Burnout Paradise Remastered

JZStudios

So I bought this because for some reason it was only $5 for me and I never really owned it on the PC. Honestly I refunded it after I found it it didn't include Big Surf Island... Like most other people. A lot of the DLC was also basically gone when EA shut down the store...

Anyways... they recently launched the remaster which includes all the DLC and I gotta say, that's really the only thing it has going for it. They haven't changed ANYTHING else other than a couple high res textures. I was hoping that in the extra few months between the console release and PC release they would've done... something. Anything. They've done nothing and I can't fathom why.

The menus are exactly the same.

The lighting and materials are exactly the same.

The graphics settings are exactly the same.

It's literally just a rerelease with the missing DLC and a texture pack. Oh, there's also more sparks and tire smoke/dust.

It still has a 60fps cap.

It doesn't have any anistropic filtering options, but it's probably enabled by default.

The LOD is the same as the original 2008.

No FOV adjustment.

It still takes a surprisingly long time to actually get in game.

It's the only game I know of that actually supports a dual monitor setup... no idea why you'd want to, but it does.

I'm almost impressed that they have the same soundtrack, but EA also took exclusive rights to Porsche for like 20 years.

I don't know if EA ever actually killed the online servers, but they are definitely back up and running if they were.

I don't know. I'm glad that they finally brought the DLC over (And for anyone that does own the game, it's a $5 upgrade which basically covers the cost of DLC) but beyond that, it's literally exactly the same. Which still means it's great but... why did it take them 3 extra months to release a texture pack and DLC that WAS actually present, but just inaccessible?

#Muricaparrotgang

17 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

The menus are exactly the same.

The lighting and materials are exactly the same.

The graphics settings are exactly the same.

It's literally just a rerelease with the missing DLC and a texture pack. Oh, there's also more sparks and tire smoke/dust.

I'm almost impressed that they have the same soundtrack

image.png.ede71589bb505b51b273d3ecbc1d1143.png
Sounds perfect to me.

That game was pretty fun, probably not as fun as the older titles in the series (Burnout 2 & Takedown?) when I was much younger, but still pretty fun for an arcade racer.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Was this the one that was incuded as a Demo in NFS Underground 2? 

I'm sure it was a burnout game. A pretty fun one at that. I miss being 8 years old and having fun with just playing a demo over and over again.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Loved this game but nothing will ever touch Burnout 3 for me

That's an F in the profile pic

10 hours ago, Spotty said:

image.png.ede71589bb505b51b273d3ecbc1d1143.png
Sounds perfect to me.

That game was pretty fun, probably not as fun as the older titles in the series (Burnout 2 & Takedown?) when I was much younger, but still pretty fun for an arcade racer.

The menus are clunky, and using a controller still leaves the menus with a mishmash of prompts for both the controller and keyboard at the same time.

The lighting could've been updated and more dynamic, throwing more shadows, making headlights more useful, potentially making materials a bit more realistic.

It really seems like the cars with graphics weren't actually affected by texture updates, so they're still old and blurry.

Graphics settings could have been improved and expanded upon, utilizing new features, if there were any.

It certainly doesn't make it a bad game, but other than including the DLC there's zero difference for PC players.

8 hours ago, Froody129 said:

Loved this game but nothing will ever touch Burnout 3 for me

Agreed. The road rage in the open world super wide streets format never worked quite right.

#Muricaparrotgang

Another minus would appear to be that the original had a config file/program that could set up surround sound, which is entirely lacking on PC so I'm stuck with stereo. Brilliant.

#Muricaparrotgang