PSU Cable to CPU is Different!

roy12

The power supply that I bought has a CPU plug that is completely different to my mobo CPU plug, do I have to buy another PSU now since it doesn't fit into it?

1 minute ago, roy12 said:

The power supply that I bought has a CPU plug that is completely different to my mobo CPU plug, do I have to buy another PSU now since it doesn't fit into it?

What PSU and what motherboard?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

What PSU and what motherboard?

Asus ROG Strix Z370-e Gaming mobo 

EVGA BR 700W PSU

Just now, roy12 said:

Asus ROG Strix Z370-e Gaming mobo 

EVGA BR 700W PSU

Are you confusing a PCIe power for the 12v EPS cable? That's all I can think of.

Yours faithfully

1 minute ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Are you confusing a PCIe power for the 12v EPS cable? That's all I can think of.

No, on the plugs for power to CPU its says "CPU" I made sure to check every singe plug that said "PCI-E" and split them apart, then tired to plug in but none worked.

3 minutes ago, roy12 said:

No, on the plugs for power to CPU its says "CPU" I made sure to check every singe plug that said "PCI-E" and split them apart, then tired to plug in but none worked.

Sigh....

You need to join the two CPU 4 pin connectors together then plug it in.

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

Sigh....

You need to join the two CPU 4 pin connectors together then plug it in.

I did, but the pattern doesnt match.

The patterns does not need to match, the shape of the holes is different.

As long as it is a CPU/EPS connector you can plug it in.

Yes you need both the 24 pin and 8 pin CPU to the motherboard.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, roy12 said:

I did, but the pattern doesnt match.

Yes it does

24-pin, 4+4-pin - these ALL ATX SYSTEMS USE

So your PSU has the connections. Just need to use the right one.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

turn it around..

That doesn't work it wont click on, either way, the pattern doesnt match at all.

Pack all of your components up.  Return them.  Order a PC from Dell.com.

• 1 year later...
On 8/27/2018 at 10:47 PM, Enderman said:

The patterns does not need to match, the shape of the holes is different.

As long as it is a CPU/EPS connector you can plug it in.

Yes you need both the 24 pin and 8 pin CPU to the motherboard.

Ok so if I got this right. The shape doesn't match the hole but that is what the psu seasonic gave me and its labeled cpu on one end and psu.

I put the psu on the psu lol and the non matching shape marked cpu i plug that on the only 8 pin connector there is on the MOBO aka (cpu 8pin)??? Is that right?

Thank you soo much i am a big noob and i know you just answered the qs but i want to make sure that I uNDERSTOOD YOUR ANSWER. 

4 hours ago, moisessnipes said:

Ok so if I got this right. The shape doesn't match the hole but that is what the psu seasonic gave me and its labeled cpu on one end and psu.

I put the psu on the psu lol and the non matching shape marked cpu i plug that on the only 8 pin connector there is on the MOBO aka (cpu 8pin)??? Is that right?

Thank you soo much i am a big noob and i know you just answered the qs but i want to make sure that I uNDERSTOOD YOUR ANSWER. 

Yes that is right :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020