I dont understand why are air cooler so expensive

dgsddfgdfhgs

As I know, the materials (Aluminium and copper) are relatively cheap considering amount used. theres no technology involved

and designs are pretty much same for all brands. and still some interfere with rams...

imo its very easy to copy

I even saw a video commenting on very old stock intel cooler(10+yr) was as good as 212

profit

only the really good big ones are ~$100, theres a lot of decent ones for ~$35 and under, which is pretty cheap considering it's thermal performance compared to the larger ones

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Because there is engineering/ R&D that go into designing these coolers . Also stock cooler from Intel is not as good as a hyper 212

Not every Intel stock cooler is thin aluminum garbage. A few were hefty blocks in past... some were actually comparable to the 212. They even made a few that looked exactly like a 212.

3 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Not every Intel stock cooler is thin aluminum garbage. A few were hefty blocks in past... some were actually comparable to the 212. They even made a few that looked exactly like a 212.

Think they stopped doing that after Lynnfield for there extreme editions, they actually looked nice. 

11 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Which ones are you looking at?

I am looking at general coolers from stock, 9cm towel to massive noctua, 

I am looking at metal as main part. I wont count the quality of fans as any reason to make one cooler premium yet. to me price is marked too high

Just now, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

I am looking at general coolers from stock, 9cm towel to massive noctua, 

I am looking at metal as main part. I wont count the quality of fans as any reason to make one cooler premium yet. to me price is marked too high

Well, you can't exactly look at just the materials cost and go "why are you charging this much for it when the materials cost X amount?" You have to also consider the manufacturing of the part.

Like take a look at this:

I don't know exactly the material cost to this, but let's just say it's made of 7075 aluminum (https://www.midweststeelsupply.com/store/7075aluminumplate) and plugging in some "close enough" figures, the bolt itself would cost say $20-$30 in materials. But look how much work went into making it. Try selling a bolt like that for the material cost alone. Okay, maybe with a 50% markup.

Okay sure, PC parts aren't going to be subjected to the same stress as an F-1 car, but just looking at material cost alone is naive approach to complaining about a item's cost.

This is reminding me of a joke I heard.

A scientists invents a robot that a company purchases. The robot is great at least until one day it breaks down. The company's technicians can't figure out what's wrong with it so the call in the scientist to examine it. The scientist comes in, looks at it for about an hour, takes out a marker and places a mark where the problem is. The technicians look there and soon discover the problem and fix it.

Afterwards the scientist sends the company a bill for $10,000. The company demands an explanation. The scientist responds "$1 was for the marker. The rest was knowing where to mark."

Well iT is also differend

its called a strategy

ask and demand

see to Intel prices. See to Nvidia prices (Rtx 2080 ? )

also brand name does a lot

ofcourse there are Some quality spects involved

but you mainly pay for the brand

it is like a T-shirt 

iT is not That iT os expensive That iT is good

So mainly every one follows the same price. If iT is to cheap you wonder why

to expensive and you want to know where your money Goes to

also iT depends On what you expect

does iT realy need to be That 1 degree lower and do you want to pay 50$ more for That ?

same for keyboards

do you want That silver cherry ? 

The. You pay for ir xD

greets from PowerChaos 

If you see strange text like this

then you can be sure I use a mobile.

All info provided is to help you. I can not garantee That iT is 100% correct. Apply my solution at OWN risk. Just like overclocking has everything a risk

glad to help you

greets from PowerChaos

Fans are $10-20 alone. Rest is same as with everything else in the world. Materials, manufacturing, R&D, branding, retailers cut etc. Intels stock cooler is $15,or maybe $10 for just the heatsink. 212 Evo is $30, or $23 without fan. D15 is $85, or $45 without fans. Assuming you would pay market price for fsns.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

26 minutes ago, Shrepto said:

PowerChaos, your T always being capitalized is triggering me.  

Thats because I use my cellphone and I hate the autocorrection iT does xD

greets from PowerChaos 

If you see strange text like this

then you can be sure I use a mobile.

All info provided is to help you. I can not garantee That iT is 100% correct. Apply my solution at OWN risk. Just like overclocking has everything a risk

glad to help you

greets from PowerChaos

22 hours ago, seoz said:

That's because the Hyper 212 is garbage.

Or because those coolers have bigger sizes and with copper core.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv