How noticeable is Hyper Threading when editing (After effects and Premiere pro) or streaming and gaming?

I will be building a new pc very soon and have opted to use the i7 4770k as I will be doing a lot of video editing. How much of a difference does hyperthreading make with editing? Is it double? And also how much better is streaming with hyper threading enabled?

Thanks,

Blueprint

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

There's no 'double' or anything. You just get less hiccups. 

Edit: As for gaming, you get a bit of performance for some games but will likely have the same performance 99% of the time. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

No double, but you will notice it being a lot more fluid and faster :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

I use Premier Pro and Photoshop all the time, AE only occasionnally, and I have a 4670K, I can already tell you that if you really aren't the kind of person that likes when the renders are rendered just seconds faster, I can already tell you that you won't feel the difference.

But yeah, you can still feel the difference but not THAT much IMO.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

In Premier Pro and Lightworks, I noticed a slight bump in renders when editing small video samples.  With larger files, I noticed the hyper-threading much more.  After I overclocked my CPU, only THEN did I notice it enough to feel that it was worth it.  But I don't normally edit large files.  If you're rendering massive files, you'll notice the difference more.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

Thank you, you've been very helpful.

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

I use Premier Pro and Photoshop all the time, AE only occasionnally, and I have a 4670K, I can already tell you that if you really aren't the kind of person that likes when the renders are rendered just seconds faster, I can already tell you that you won't feel the difference.

But yeah, you can still feel the difference but not THAT much IMO.

So you've used a 4770k before and not noticed much of a difference in comparison to a 4670k?

So you've used a 4770k before and not noticed much of a difference in comparison to a 4670k?

I actually went from a 2500K to a 3770K and that's where I noticed the difference.  Part of that is of course due to the generational upgrade but even taking that into account, I noticed a bit of a difference.  But if you're not using large files, it won't be as noticeable.

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

I did, but not so much to say that I absolutly need a 4770K, I borrowed a friends 4770K when my 4670K was being replaced, he switched for a 4960X, that's why he let me borrow his used 4770K, and yeah, It didn't really made me want to spend a bit more and get a 4770 just to have a bit more power, but that's just my opinion.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

I actually went from a 2500K to a 3770K and that's where I noticed the difference.  Part of that is of course due to the generational upgrade but even taking that into account, I noticed a bit of a difference.  But if you're not using large files, it won't be as noticeable.

What would you classify as large files?

I did, but not so much to say that I absolutly need a 4770K, I borrowed a friends 4770K when my 4670K was being replaced, he switched for a 4960X, that's why he let me borrow his used 4770K, and yeah, It didn't really made me want to spend a bit more and get a 4770 just to have a bit more power, but that's just my opinion.

How much premier work would you say you do? I will be doing big projects with Premier Pro, After Effects and Photoshop all open at the same time.

Well I do notice it in Photoshop for example, but yeah only when I edit like huge files, and apply tons of efx on pictures- I went from an i5 to i7 ( mobile cpu's but the i7 is a quad core, and i5 was a dula core) and the difference was huge.

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

How much premier work would you say you do? I will be doing big projects with Premier Pro, After Effects and Photoshop all open at the same time.

It sounds like the i7 fits your usage.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What would you classify as large files?

I saw more of a difference in rendering videos that were 20-30 mins+.  Shorter videos (like for youtube) ddn't show too much of an increase.

I agree.  And check around too.  If you have a MicroCenter anywhere near you, buy it from them.  I only get my CPUs from them because they sell them so low but you have to pick up in store.

I agree.  And check around too.  If you have a MicroCenter anywhere near you, buy it from them.  I only get my CPUs from them because they sell them so low but you have to pick up in store.

Ok thank you :) Yeah unfortunately I live in the UK so I'll have to order it from Amazon or Scan or somewhere else. Thanks for your help, much appreciated :)