What can i take with me on a flight?

Hi,

i am flying to Dubai and India this week because of a business trip from the enterprise i work for. Just wanted to ask what i can take with me in my backpack and what not.

I have my laptop that should be fine because colleagues also flew with their laptops in the backpack.

But i have components such as RAM and a SSD to carry with me and also i need my Toolkit. So shoudl i put them in the backpack and carry them with me or put them into my suitcase and leave them there?

I know that i can take like chargers and stuff in my backpack but i really do not know about the tools, the RAM or the SSD.

Would be great if someone knows how to deal with this maybe someone traveled to India or Dubai before with such stuff.

The safest would be to just put everything in my case and just check it in and only have my laptop with me on the plane.

Thanks in advance

Toby

For PC components I know that they could pottentionally charge you TAX cut but I assume this won't be the case if the items are not newly bought *99% sure won't be a problem*

You can take perfume but only 50ml you can take creams and other stuff like that but only 50ml bottle each or you have to pay hefty. I think that's all. oh and don't take bombs that's kinda illegal

No there are no new parts. Most of the stuff we got out off old pcs or notebooks in the HQ. I am only worrying that i might have to leave them the components if i do not pack them into my case.

there might be an issue with sharp screwdrivers etc, they might take away your toolkit

Put your toolkit in your check-in luggage, and carry your SSDs and RAM.  

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

but i need that in order to work would it be okay if you put ot the bits and pieces i do not need?

1 minute ago, williamcll said:

Put your toolkit in your check-in luggage, and carry your SSDs and RAM.  

Okay so if i put my toolkit in the luggage there should not be a problem right?

That was the same thing i tought. The only thing i need to put out is the stanley knife.

16 minutes ago, Aired66 said:

Okay so if i put my toolkit in the luggage there should not be a problem right?

That was the same thing i tought. The only thing i need to put out is the stanley knife.

There will not be problem. What airline are you taking?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

We are flying with emirates and air india

As others have said, RAM & SSDs they shouldn't have a problem with for hand luggage (they might just have an extra look at it once it has been through the scanner if they can be bothered). Screwdrivers and stuff in a toolkit, would almost certainly need to go in your hold luggage. They don't like sharpy stabby things in hand luggage.

Okay then thanks guys. Will share that with my colleague. Do you want to know how it was going then? Maybe someone will have the same situation sooner or later.

Toby

Your RAM And SSD Should be fine.

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital