Cooling Fans

Hello, I am making a new pc, and I am a beginner that doesn’t really know much about case fans. Can I have any suggestions and tips.

I have no idea how many I should put, what the sizes should be, and what case fans to get. Also I am on budget build, so I can’t really afford to get a high priced case fan. Thank you

also my case is a nzxt s340

Your case includes 2 120mm fans in the box. I would personally recommend getting one more, so you can have positive air pressure inside the case. What cooling setup are you using? Are you using an AIO with a radiator? If you're using a traditional tower-style cooler, then you can affix two of the fans as intakes, maybe on the bottom of the case, and one fan as an exhaust, at the back of the case. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

23 minutes ago, UnknownPcBuilder said:

I have no idea how many I should put, what the sizes should be, and what case fans to get. Also I am on budget build, so I can’t really afford to get a high priced case fan. Thank you

I would recommend using these 120mm LED fans which I have purchased before for one of my systems whose exhaust case fan failed. It works well and is not that loud and has LED lighting. Especially if you are on a budget I would recommend these fans which I will link. You want to have the air pressure in your case optimized so what other fans are you using and what CPU and/or GPU cooling configuration are you running? Does your system have radiators for the CPU and/or GPU?

link to a budget LED fan from eBay;   https://www.ebay.com/itm/120mm-PC-Computer-Clear-Case-Quad-4-LED-Light-9-Blade-CPU-Cooling-Fan-12cm/272041768868?hash=item3f56f3f7a4%3Am%3AmdHCazJ8-ysizme97grRbXw&var=572454945931

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

What are your specs?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Move top fan to front. Thats about it. Then see how your temps are while doing regular things. Browsing, gaming etc. The most recommended setup for air cooled system is 2 front in, 1 rear out. Meaning that you would need 1 extra fan. I would recommend using 140mm fans if you can mount them. You can check what fans case allows from its specs or manual.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv