Is there such thing as a good AVR under $200?

Beowulff83

So my old Sony STR-K700 seems to be on its way out.  I don't really have a large budget. Under $200 and the lower the better.  Is there anything decent in this price range? or am i just garbage shopping at this point.  I will be using the 5.1 speakers set up from the sony but will probably upgrade in the future.  Obviously looking for best bang for my $.  I see a lot of avr's in the 100-250 range but not sure what i should be looking for or avoiding. Any recommendations are appreciated.

I have a Yamaha RX-V378 I'm enjoying the hell out of. It's been updated to the V379 to support newer features. I think mainly HDR. Although that's apparently $280...

This ones a bit cheaper.. probably lower power output.

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-RX-V383BL-5-1-Channel-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B06XXR6JK3

Sony only has 2 offerings in the $200-$300 range.

Onkyo has 1 at $250

Denon has 1 for $230

Pioneer has one at $280

Those are MSRP and that covers the bigger brands. Otherwise you're looking at something used.

I really like my Yamaha and the features it has, my brothers Pioneer... not so much. He also seems to have issues with it sometimes. I've had nothing wrong with my Yamaha. We used to have an Onkyo, but that was from 2003 and I think all the speakers burned out and the receiver started acting up.

#Muricaparrotgang

• 3 weeks later...

I’d stay away from Onkyo currently, they are still having board issues (from what I understand). Also pioneer uses Onkyo manufacturing for their lower end receivers and I believe use the same boards. If you can afford a little more on a receiver, I’d go Yamaha or Denon for like the $300-350 range if you can afford it. You get so much more for a little bit more.