What SSD to get

Prymies

I'm looking to get a SSD for a boot drive, with my mobo if i install a m.2 it would disable Sata ports 5-6. I found a 860 evo 250gb for 74 USD, I do like to see a full size SSD. Which type of SSD do i get?

Id get a m.2 970 evo or Wd black as a boot drive then get some cheap ssds and raid them for storage.

6 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Id get a m.2 970 evo or Wd black as a boot drive then get some cheap ssds and raid them for storage.

I was planning to get 2x2tb Firecudas for games, I am also on budget and dont really want to drop 100 usd on 250gb when i can that much storage from the 860 evo for 74

21 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

970 is NVME, if the M.2 disables his SATA port that means the M.2 is only SATA and not NVME.

Just get a 500GB Crucial MX500 for a bit more you get double the capacity of  the SAMSUNG 860 EVO and very competitive speeds and endurance.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fgZFf7/crucial-mx500-500gb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-ct500mx500ssd4 in M.2 formfactor for $100

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ft8j4D/crucial-mx500-500gb-25-solid-state-drive-ct500mx500ssd1 in 2,5" formfactor for $90

The 250GB is under $70

7 minutes ago, asorrycanadian said:

A WD Black? I have an SSD boot drive and WD Black storage Drive. Why would you dothat the other way around?

a wd black is a ssd...

11 minutes ago, Prymies said:

I was planning to get 2x2tb Firecudas for games, I am also on budget and dont really want to drop 100 usd on 250gb when i can that much storage from the 860 evo for 74

why 2 2tb hdds? Id get a single bigger drive, like a 4tb. Bigger hdds are a bit faster aswell. You can also add a ssd cache easily if you want it faster.

Can you use nvme drives? Id look at a 660p for boot and os.