Elon taking Tesla private?

Monkeybiz0985
2 minutes ago, Swatson said:

Yea but I only sold because I needed some financial liquidity for a short time and now I'm getting fucked. I was in long and planned to stay in until just before I sold

I feel ya, but, at the same time, the liquid position serves your interests and the stock is, likely, going to be extremely illiquid very soon.

Any equities positions are always have less than ideal exits. There's some jokes about Positive Mental Attitude here, but that's also important for this type of stuff. Positions have to make logical sense on their own. 

17 hours ago, JCBiggs said:

it means that the big investors in the company dont think elon knows wtf hes doing   and want more control over the company to STOP losing money.

Not at all. Recently someone put that to a vote and they voted to keep Elon. He was also recently approved for large payouts if the company hits certain milestones. 

Elon has stated in the past that he disliked/hated taking Tesla public. He regrets that PayPal went public. He kept SpaceX private. Elon is the one pushing for Tesla to go private not shareholders. 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

i hope he has "funding secured" or else he might be in trouble

On 8.8.2018 at 12:49 PM, MyName13 said:

420? xD So who is going to buy all these shares and why?Since english isn't my mother tongue, is "taking tesla private" correct (did he mean making private and what does it mean?)?

In German it would be something like making an AG to a GmbH or KG.

You basically go out of the stock market, so that the company is held by private persons.

Instead of publicly available to buy (if you have the money) on the Stock Market.

Ever heard about a "hostile takeover"?

That's when one Company buys Stocks of another company to get a majority to control/own that company against their will.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 8/8/2018 at 5:52 AM, GumpyWills said:

Elon Musk is overrated. His businesses are slowly crumbling while they are kept afloat by false promisehoods and engineering fantasies. Like his Hyperloop for example, never ever going to work.

The hyperloop doesn't actually have to work. I can't find it right now, but i believe linus actually talked about this before. The amount of research going into figuring out the hyperloop is going to vastly improve other forms of transportation and technology. As for engineering fantasies, space X is no fantasy. 

Edit, still can't find the video of linus talking about this, but i found a different article with the same idea

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/30/even-if-hyperloop-fails-public-transport-will-win/

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

1 hour ago, Monkeybiz0985 said:

tl;dr

Here is Elon’s clarification:

https://www.tesla.com/blog/update-taking-Tesla-private

It will be interesting to see how the Saudis buying a large stake goes. I doubt a Chinese company would be allowed to take a large stake in a US company, with the White house's current incumbent. Will the Saudis be looked on more favourably? Would the Saudis attempt to shaft Tesla from within if the value of petroleum dropped to low?

Tesla might be the greatest corporate soap opera of all time...