How Do I Change Drive Letters And Paths

MasterLow

Hi, Im doing a favor for a friend who says shes partitioned her drives (I think she just has 2 seperate drives) and shes run out of spae on her :C drive becuase its only 106 gb large and her secondary drive is :E drive that has 1.8 TB of space on it with 1TB free space. She would like to either allocate more of the free space on E drive to the C drive but when I went onto disk management I saw that her C drive is reading as Disk 0 and her E drive is reading as disk 1, hence why I think she has 2 seperate drives, So I'm wondering how I could go about changing the E drive to C drive. Also I was wondering that If i did manage to change the letters around for her, would the save files start going to the new C drive or would they keep saving themselves to the new E drive?

If the drives are indeed partitioned or split and I am an idiot is there anyway of adding the extra space from the current E drive to C drive? 

Thanks heaps.

4 minutes ago, MasterLow said:

Hi, Im doing a favor for a friend who says shes partitioned her drives (I think she just has 2 seperate drives) and shes run out of spae on her :C drive becuase its only 106 gb large and her secondary drive is :E drive that has 1.8 TB of space on it with 1TB free space. She would like to either allocate more of the free space on E drive to the C drive but when I went onto disk management I saw that her C drive is reading as Disk 0 and her E drive is reading as disk 1, hence why I think she has 2 seperate drives, So I'm wondering how I could go about changing the E drive to C drive. Also I was wondering that If i did manage to change the letters around for her, would the save files start going to the new C drive or would they keep saving themselves to the new E drive?

If the drives are indeed partitioned or split and I am an idiot is there anyway of adding the extra space from the current E drive to C drive? 

Thanks heaps.

I didn't read ur text, just ur title,

Right click my computer then click on "manage" then in the left list "Disk management"

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

1 minute ago, gbergeron said:

I didn't read ur text, just ur title,

Right click my computer then click on "manage" then in the left list "Disk management"

Yea its prettylong but when she saves her work, its set to save to C drive, will changing the letters around change the save files path to the New C drive?

1 minute ago, MasterLow said:

Yea its prettylong but when she saves her work, its set to save to C drive, will changing the letters around change the save files path to the New C drive?

You can also just create a symbolic link so the program thinks it's saving to the C: drive when it's actually saving to whatever else.

9 minutes ago, MasterLow said:

you can easily move the user directories to a new path in properties.

screenshot of didk management?

You could also shrink the E: partition, and then expand the C: one.

edit: Forget it, I didn't read properly. Works if both partitions are on the same drive, though

Edited by LastThoughts

34 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

You can also just create a symbolic link so the program thinks it's saving to the C: drive when it's actually saving to whatever else.

27 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

you can easily move the user directories to a new path in properties.

screenshot of didk management?

18 minutes ago, LastThoughts said:

You could also shrink the E: partition, and then expand the C: one.

edit: Forget it, I didn't read properly. Works if both partitions are on the same drive, though

Look up at my previous reply, I have put a pic of the disk mamanagement in.  Thanks

Just now, MasterLow said:

Look up at my previous reply, I have put a pic of the disk mamanagement in.  Thanks

Where are the files on the c drive located? If there in user directories, you can easily move them to the E: drive. 

There is no easy way to just expand the c drive in to the e drive.

Yeah, the system have 2 drives. So, my solution don't work...

Moving file between drives are good idea.