Europe Scrapyard Wars

Tech prices are massively inflated in the UK and the rest of the EU.

I would love to see Linus and Luke attempt to build second hand gaming machines while negotiating the difficulties of currencies and price points that are unfamiliar, in a city as unfamiliar as London.

3 minutes ago, joshott said:

eehm... used market prices in Europe, at least in The Netherlands are quite good most of the time... 

this is what i paid for some of my pc components. 

cpu's: €100

gpu: €150

ram: €30

(i could have paid less but i always offer asking price if it's reasonable, i don't talk people down)

seems reasonable, psu's can be had for cheap too... the rest of the system like a case and stuff is also very cheap if you know where to look... 

it would be interesting to see but i'd find it more fun if they did it in a city like Amsterdam where they don't speak the language... 

She/Her

12 minutes ago, joshott said:

I would love to see Linus and Luke attempt to build second hand gaming machines while negotiating the difficulties of currencies and price points that are unfamiliar, in a city as unfamiliar as London.

As much as I'd love to see them do it in Scotland. Our used market frankly sucks. We don't have the large player base needed to have a thriving used parts base. All there really is up here is really outdated parts and hundreds of hard drives. I dunno what it's like down south but tbh they would probably just end up doing a tour of every CeX and Cash Converters in London.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

What about s scrapyard wars in a country that people usually don't speak English, so they have to use Google translate?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

12 hours ago, Inversion said:

Cash Converters

That's where all the chavs go :P

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: