Baybus Switches

Torand

So, I was looking around the internets to find a way of controlling the on/off function of LED molex powered lights for my build via a front panel 5.25 controller, when after reading in a forum what they are called, Baybus switches, I wanted to find a way of purchasing one in the UK.

Now, from what i've seen it's a very DIY based component, you buy the switches, you buy the 5.25 bracket and do it yourself. BAR the one company, lamptron which seem to make a good one but its a bitch to get hold of, amazon only stocking 1 and other companies as well only stocking one or two.

My interest comes from a chaps build on youtube have 2 really nice black out back lit LED switches on a front panel above his Sythe fan controller. It was a nice addition to the build and added a nice aesthetic to the build as well as it being very functional.

Just wondering what you guys had heard of them and also past experience or interest in them, builds or images?

Are these LED's strips? On fans? Some LED strips, like from NZXT, have a PCI bracket, allowing you to turn them on and off. BitFenix fans can have their LED's turn on and off with the use of the Hydra Pro controller, or maybe some other switches. The LED's have their own power leads. There is also the NZXT HUE, a RBG control LED with a 5.25 control unit...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Dude, the NZXT Hue is exactly what I was looking for! xD

The baybus switch idea i do like though for ultimate customisation, although molex is starting to go out of fashion.

You're talking about switched you can fit along a power line to turn the led's on and off?

http://www.bitsbox.co.uk/switches.html

Mind, on a molex the yellow is +ve and the black next to it is -ve.

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.