Cooler Master Support Completely Unresponsive and Phone Number Doesn't Work

It's been over 3 weeks since I posted my issue with missing parts in my H500M case. Now Cooler Master Supports phone number doesn't even work. No response to emails and 0 response in regards to voicemails left on answer machines. The parts request section of CM Fanzone isn't even accessible anymore so I can't even check the status of my parts request.

What do I do?

CPU: R7 2700X 8C, 16Th 4.2GHZ @1.40v       MOBO: ASUS X470 TUF Gaming              RAM: 16GB Avexir Raiden DDR4 2666mhz CL15

GPU: XFX Vega 56 Custom (RX-VEGALDFF6) CASE: Cooler Master H500M                     OS: Windows 10 Pro

PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum                  SSD: 512GB PM871a SATA m.2 SSD        HDD: 2TB Seagate SSHD

Be persistent and contact them via social media. Specifically Twitter.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Damn fly by night companies.... 

5 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Damn fly by night companies.... 

That is crazy to see you jonnyGuru. Honor to have you post on my thread and I love your work and interviews on power supplies.

That being said after calling repeatedly and trying every extension, someone picked up when I hit extension 8.

Now, I spoke heavily with a guy by the name of Fo (Pho?) who told me they have been in the middle of a move from one location to another. I said if that was the case, and it put a delay past there 2 week expectation window for a replacement part, why not notify their customers? I asked for a manager, and he let me talk to a guy named Mike.

After explaining my situation and why I was frustrated that a premium product like the H500M (a least in comparison to the H500P) still did not have product support for parts that can fail (or in my case not even be included). I was trying to wrap my mind around how the company that carried the pedigree of the HAF X (my daily driver for years which when I had the front I/O failed a month after purchase had parts ready to go) and the GTS V8 air cooler could mess up such a case that has been on the market since January, at least in terms of parts as the tooling was the exact same on the H500P.

I was told they would reach out to Newegg, who had no availability on the case (so they couldn't RMA) as all of CM's incoming cases were designated for them, and see if they could pull me a case.

Mike called me this evening (finally the first follow up!) to notify me that there was no way they could pull any of the cases from the Newegg shipment with no ETA on future delivery.

They presented three options.

1. They think one of the employees in their support section had a H500M case they were not using and could send me the part I was missing originally in my case (specifically the proprietary aRGB controller and the rear power supply cable cover that it mounts to). He needed to ask the guy as it may have been the H500P

2. They had no way to get me the case from Newegg, but I could still RMA with Newegg once the new shipment arrived, so long as I did so before they sell out again (they sold out the day after initial release June 24/25, 2018). I asked do they know when they would be arriving because I spoke to my Newegg Business account manager the day before and they still had no estimate on a restock. So Mike is hunting down that lead.

3. Was the controller for sale as a seperate SKU? CM's online store had been down for quite a while, but I wondered if there was maybe a way to buy the item under a different SKU a la when CM used to sell replacement parts for their cases like side panels and top mounts and fans direct from their online store back in 2013-2015. Maybe the part was available in that way.

Awaiting patiently on the follow up tomorrow. I'll keep this tread posted with my findings. Its a shame. I loved my HAF X and even used a lot of the new RGB water coolers in my customers builds as they had a 3 year warranty and a good price, but now I may cut CM from all of my future customers builds because of this massive blunder.

CPU: R7 2700X 8C, 16Th 4.2GHZ @1.40v       MOBO: ASUS X470 TUF Gaming              RAM: 16GB Avexir Raiden DDR4 2666mhz CL15

GPU: XFX Vega 56 Custom (RX-VEGALDFF6) CASE: Cooler Master H500M                     OS: Windows 10 Pro

PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum                  SSD: 512GB PM871a SATA m.2 SSD        HDD: 2TB Seagate SSHD

6 hours ago, Slottr said:

Be persistent and contact them via social media. Specifically Twitter.

Not to be against this Slottr, but why does it take calling a company out on social media to get some damn customer service?

1 hour ago, SirTheo60 said:

Not to be against this Slottr, but why does it take calling a company out on social media to get some damn customer service?

It shouldnt. 

I work in Marketing and Social Media and thats poor service. I'm sure theyre not trying to avoid you, but its coming across very rough.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

9 hours ago, SirTheo60 said:

That is crazy to see you jonnyGuru. Honor to have you post on my thread and I love your work and interviews on power supplies.

He hasnt done the actual reviews on the site in a while now. I believe he currently works for Corsair

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

He hasnt done the actual reviews on the site in a while now. I believe he currently works for Corsair

He does, but several of my favorite youtube guys interview him and pick his brain for answers on questions for power supplies and how they work.

Well.. thanks for the compliment.  So since you've seen me on video, you probably guessed that I was being sarcastic with my comment.

That said:  It is weird that a company like Cooler Master isn't answering.  Since you mentioned Newegg, I imagine you're in the U.S., so I suppose you were probably trying to communicate with their U.S. office.

I don't want to spread any rumors, but I did recently hear they laid everyone off at their U.S. office and the location in Chino, CA is currently up for lease:

https://www.lee-associates.com/properties/?propertyId=342509-lease&address=4820-Schaefer-Ave&officeId=2221

Not sure what's going on, really.  :(

Maybe contacting someone on their social media team is a good idea as they probably work from home or in the Taiwan office and can push your issue up the chain to someone at the Taiwan HQ.

Let us know how it goes.

• 5 months later...