Worth switching to and for freesync?

Go to solution Solved by EarthWormJM2,

That wouldn't really be worth it. The 1070 and vega 56 are nearly identical in performance (The only real difference is "was the game optimized for AMD or Nvidia"?). You will still benefit from the high refresh rate since you will be playing at 1080p. I would wait to see what the next round of cards AMD offers before making any moves.

So I recently ordered a desktop and bought a monitor. It's a nice 144hz 1080p freesync 27 inch monitor.

Anyways I ordered a PC with a GTX 1070 installed.

My question is would it be worth switching to amd's Vega 56 (52? Sorry) or even upgrade to Vega 64 later on. Anyways worth to sell the 1070 and switch just for the freesync ?

Thank you ?

No. Switch once the upgrade will make a sense from the performance standpoint. Maybe when AMD Navi releases?

1 hour ago, Diamand_G said:

So I recently ordered a desktop and bought a monitor. It's a nice 144hz 1080p freesync 27 inch monitor.

Anyways I ordered a PC with a GTX 1070 installed.

My question is would it be worth switching to amd's Vega 56 (52? Sorry) or even upgrade to Vega 64 later on. Anyways worth to sell the 1070 and switch just for the freesync ?

Thank you ?

Not worth the switch at this point, but I'd wait a lil bit.

I just ordered the Asus VG278Q myself. 144hz 1ms freesync

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

That wouldn't really be worth it. The 1070 and vega 56 are nearly identical in performance (The only real difference is "was the game optimized for AMD or Nvidia"?). You will still benefit from the high refresh rate since you will be playing at 1080p. I would wait to see what the next round of cards AMD offers before making any moves.

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

54 minutes ago, EarthWormJM2 said:

57 minutes ago, Br3tt96 said:

Not worth the switch at this point, but I'd wait a lil bit.

I just order the Asus VG278Q myself. 144hz 1ms freesync

1 hour ago, WereCat said:

No. Switch once the upgrade will make a sense from the performance standpoint. Maybe when AMD Navi releases?

Ok thank you all for your time this was a great suggestion. I'm waiting for the next cards and it's not like not having freesync is such a bad thing. ???✌️