LTT Videos Being Reposted Elsewhere

SamTheGreat
Go to solution Solved by Blade of Grass,

Thank you for letting us know, I passed it along. 

So I was watching the video on liquid metal cooling a laptop (because I actually want to do it). I was scrolling through the recommended videos and came across a video with the exact title but a slightly different thumbnail. When I clicked on it, it was a LTT video re-uploaded on a different channel. Is that allowed?

The name of the channel doing this is called [removed]. I think they are also doing this to other people's videos as well. There is also a ton of other LMG videos there too.

P.S. I'm posting this because I care. Also because it drives me crazy when people do that.

Edited by Blade of Grass
Removed channel

It is not allowed

Somethings obviously happened since he hasn't posted anything for 3 months, I'm guessing YT blocked him from uploading new content but forgot to take the channel down fully. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

58 minutes ago, SamTheGreat said:

So I was watching the video on liquid metal cooling a laptop (because I actually want to do it). I was scrolling through the recommended videos and came across a video with the exact title but a slightly different thumbnail. When I clicked on it, it was a LTT video re-uploaded on a different channel. Is that allowed?

The name of the channel doing this is called "jewits wifi". I think they are also doing this to other people's videos as well. There is also a ton of other LMG videos there too.

P.S. I'm posting this because I care. Also because it drives me crazy when people do that.

Unless it's got Creative Commons Attribution License, it's not allowed.

It's okay to repost standard licensed YouTube video if you have the author's explicit permission.

I assume he just reposted it without without permission. Then it's not allowed and LTT has the right to take down his videos.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Thank you for letting us know, I passed it along. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB