would this violate net neutrality?

so I got this free sim from Vodafone which is being advertised through UCAS (University and College Admissions Service). I have never looked into sim contracts as i don't use my phone enough to warrant anything other than pay as you go. But this sparked me as being against net neutrality laws, albeit I don't know if there a different set of rules in the UK, or i could be missing a big point in the rules.5b5c55ac133e4_netneutrality.PNG.1e36f018bf20712a73926237e6270d76.PNG

So what is your Opinion?
would you consider this a violation of net neutrality or not? 

5 minutes ago, Astronautical said:

-snip-

theres no such thing in the uk

and no

its just pay them that and those applications dont count towards your data cap

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

no, doesn't violate it because we don't have NN, if you have a issue with how the advertisement is being shown or an actual problem with the product at hand, go to Vodafone to file a complaint. (even though vodafone a bunch of of tossers) 

26 minutes ago, MorganO said:

No

its just pay them that and those applications dont count towards your data cap

It does violate NN actually (assuming the UK would be net neutral, but they aren't so it's not illegal)

Net neutrality means that all data is to be treated the same regardless of content.

No fast lanes

No preferred content

No exceptions to data caps

Etc.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

Is this for times services are used while in UK or while abroad? First line says "100 minutes for use in our international zones" aka roaming. I would need to see actual ToS, but that sounds like plan includes 100 minutes of streamed media from detected sources after which they are blocked unless you pay. If its under roaming areas, then its not violating anything. If its same for domestic use and your plan was advertised as unlimited use, then its issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

22 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Is this for times services are used while in UK or while abroad? First line says "100 minutes for use in our international zones" aka roaming. I would need to see actual ToS, but that sounds like plan includes 100 minutes of streamed media from detected sources after which they are blocked unless you pay. If its under roaming areas, then its not violating anything. If its same for domestic use and your plan was advertised as unlimited use, then its issue.

that line is for a separate add-on for going abroad. the video and music passes are the parts that seemed bad. along with these add-ons, the main contract talked about "unlimited social" data which unless they can update the list of social media sources to include every new site then that would be very bad IMO and would further enforce facebook, twitter etc dependancy.

1 hour ago, Astronautical said:

that line is for a separate add-on for going abroad. the video and music passes are the parts that seemed bad. along with these add-ons, the main contract talked about "unlimited social" data which unless they can update the list of social media sources to include every new site then that would be very bad IMO and would further enforce facebook, twitter etc dependancy.

Ok, well that seems bad. I'd probably look for another provider if thats option. Good thing we don't (yet) have those kind of deals. Worst of ours I've read about is one that offers 4gb of data for €6/mo. Really nice for occasional non-video streaming use. Except they calculate data used different than what device's own data counters do. So they can force €11 extra fee for unlimited data use.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Paying for a service, what a crazy concept.

If by Net Neutrality you mean the rules that the FCC had implemented and then recently revoked, then no this does not violate it in a legal sense. This appears to be a zero rating plan which the FCC never banned but did say it could violate the spirit of Net Neutrality.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

45 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

isn't this the opposite of the net neutrality definition? 

in a nutshell: all data is equal

No, it means something like an ISP is not allowed to deliberately throttle or block services of its competitors so it can shove its own down your throat.

Whatever services may still count towards your data cap, because you know, running out of data is something they'd like too.