Looking for high(ish) end headphones

Froody129

Currently have a Siberia Elite (proper shit, but I got them free) and I'm using QC35's. 

The QC35's sound okay but feel quite veiled and I feel like I'm missing some detail in the treble. One thing I enjoy though is they're very easy to listen to and not fatiguing at all. The comfort of the headphones themselves is also awesome. 

So I'm looking for comfortable headphones, I like a slightly warmer sound. Use case is gaming and general listening, I would prefer not to use an amp. Closed back is great but if sound is significantly better with an open model at the same price I'm willing to go open

I was looking at the HD 569 because of the closed back and low impedance. Are these a solid choice or are there better alternatives? Price range isn't fixed but around that price would be awesome. 

Thanks for any help 

That's an F in the profile pic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2018 at 3:59 PM, Drake Mallard said:

HD 569 sounds like crap. Better alternatives if you want closed headphones:

Status Audio CB-1

M40x with replacement pads

Superlux 681Evo with replacement pads

Tried the 569 today and it really did sound off... I liked the 559 quite a bit, and the 599 as well but that's quite pricey. 

So now I'm open to open backs (these will just be desk headphones then). How do something like the Superlux 668B compare (€30) to something like the HD 559? 

That's an F in the profile pic

On 2018-08-04 at 7:59 AM, Drake Mallard said:

HD 569 sounds like crap. Better alternatives if you want closed headphones:

Status Audio CB-1

M40x with replacement pads

Superlux 681Evo with replacement pads

The Superlux HD 681 Evo is a muddy mess. 

Superlux 668b = overrated hot flaming garbage with screaming highs. 

Sennheiser 559 all the way. It’s exactly what the OP wants. Slightly warm and plenty of detail. 

Audeze LCD2C's. 

This is a measurement from my LCD-X's.

Audeze LCD-X FR Graph.png

Audeze LCD-X True-Fi.PNG

CPU: i7-5820k (4.7GHz/1.292V)                             RAM: Cruital Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR4                                Case: NZXT H440 Razer Sound: SVS Ultra Bookshelves / SVS SB13-Ultra / Marantz SR7008

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3                                         Storage: Samsung 840 Evo (500GB)  + WD Black (1TB)    PSU: EVGA G2-1000        M/KB: Razer Ouroboros / Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 

Mobo: MSI X99S Sli Plus                                         GPU: EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid                                     OS: Windows 10               Monitor: BenQ XL2720Z / Asus PG348Q

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 6:41 AM, Froody129 said:

Tried the 569 today and it really did sound off... I liked the 559 quite a bit, and the 599 as well but that's quite pricey. 

So now I'm open to open backs (these will just be desk headphones then). How do something like the Superlux 668B compare (€30) to something like the HD 559? 

If you like the 5 series and are willing to pay $150.00 and maybe wait a bit for shipping I would go and get the Sennheiser HD58X over at massdrop.com if the drop is still active...

these will probably blow most of the headphones you have listened to out of the water.  I own the HD6XX (HD650) and the HD558's and the 6XX are in another league do yourself a favor and get either the 58X or the 6XX and you probably wont need to purchase another pair of headphones for quite some time.  The 58X I believe are easier to drive than the 6XX impedances are 150ohm and 300ohm respectively.   I have heard the 58X's can be driven with nearly anything where as the 6XX really benefit when you put some power into them.