Do braces hurt

Shyam Ganapathy
29 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

oh wow actual springs? o_o mine used U-bends on the wire itself as the tensioning method 

What are springs?

23 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

I had a GF who had braces when I was a young teenager, let's say we did a lot of experimentation together and let's also say that I found out the hard way that in certain situations braces can hurt, very much.

I was waiting for someone to say this xD

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

I had braces when I was younger. Before the braces, they had a bridge in my mouth. They spaced out my teeth because they were so squished together.

After that, I had 4 extractions done on the same day a few weeks later.

Then, a face mask which I absolutely hated. I had to wear it while I was sleeping and it was awkward because I'd wake up and it would have already fallen off.

Then, the braces. The braces were painful the first few days, but the orthodontists recommended taking two advil depending on the pain. Needless to say, the pain came and went every time they were doing something. I've had my wire break three or four times because I was a lil' shit and refused to believe I couldn't eat peanuts or chew bubble gum.

TL;DR, you'll feel pain for the first few days as your teeth and gums readjust to the way the braces are trying to shape your teeth. You'll be fine. Pick your favorite color for your braces and have at it. I kept changing my color every time I went back, it was fun.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

13 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

"oh my god you're bleeding!!!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

"oh god there's a bit in the braces"

Lol, I've actually still got a little scar.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I had them, your teeth hurt when you apply pressure to them initially, and sometimes feel loose. Once you start chewing, you can train yourself to ignore it and by that time, the pain will have gone, usually takes about 3-5 days. It may hurt after you go and get them tightened, depending on how much your orthodontist tightens them. It's crap at first, but you get used to it. Just remember to apply some mouth ulcer rub if you feel as though they're rubbing against your gums cause ulcers there can be really painful 24/7.

Braces also hurt the self-esteem of the patient. I saw it on TV, teenagers bully their classmates with braces. Of course, that was before. I had braces before and the 1st 2 weeks it hurt. After adjustments and changes are painful as well. 

Outdoor shenanigan: Will spend my day in the garage installing my set of fuel wheels

On 7/24/2018 at 11:08 PM, Shyam Ganapathy said:

Gonna get braces in 12 hours. Do they hurt?

The braces hurt for a couple of days and then they get used to them. The spacers hurt a lot but the pain also subsides after a while. I have braces in right now it just feels like there's this constant pressure on my teeth but it doesn't hurt.

Not as much as waiting an hour and a half in a chair, after a long ass day at school, while "easy listening" music drives you insane, for the orthodontist to come in, look in my mouth for 5 seconds and say "ok youre good to go".

I have had them on for 6 months. The first week was pretty much hell. They hurt a lot, and feels like you have another of teeth in front of your normal teeth. When you get new strings in, they hurt for a few days, then it gets better. I don't feel them at all right now.

I did have an expander in my mouth that I had on for 9 months, and it was taken off 2 weeks ago. The expander hurt a lot and I couldn't spit for a good 3 months. The expander was to expand the bone at the top of my mouth so the braces can straight my teeth. During the first month, I had to turn the wheel on the expander to move the bone, and that left me with a credit card sized gap in my front teeth, which disappeared after.

Expander = Paletal expander.

hi.