how to know which android emulator won't give me compatability issues?

so there is a certain tower defense game that's really fun called BTD 6 and i really don't like playing for long periods of time on my phone, so i tried to emulate android on droid4x

however that one didn't work for the majority of games i tried through the play store; which emulator won't give me compatibility issues, idk what even prompts them but they're preventing me from getting them through the app store

bluestacks is pretty good compatibility wise, but it is bloatware freaking central.

i currently have nox on my laptop, but its pretty meh as well.

--

if all else fails, as long as the app supports running on x86 flavors of android, you can just run android x86 in a virtual machine.

I use Big Nox and haven't had issues with compatibility. 

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

36 minutes ago, 2FA said:

thanks, this site looks better too

when i get the chance i'll test it, thanks

59 minutes ago, 2FA said:

okay i tried and this one didn't work either

2018-07-23 12_22_14-NoxPlayer.png

10 minutes ago, General Winter said:

Seems like they're whitelisting devices.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

2 hours ago, General Winter said:

That means that device they are using as base is too old for game.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

From what I can tell, that game should be compatible for Android versions 5.0 and up, you emulator wouldn't have a problem with it normally.

It appears the issue here is that the game you're trying to run is compiled only for ARM devices, most android emulators are emulating an x86

device to take advantage of hardware acceleration (if available), so ARM-only apps wouldn't work on them.

Either that or as other people said, the app developer has decided to block emulators for whatever reason.

Desktop: HP Z220 Workstation, 12 GB RAM, 2x500 GB HDD RAID0, + GTX 1060 3GB

Laptop: ThinkPad T430, 8 GB RAM, 1x120 GB SSD

24 minutes ago, TakataruMC said:

From what I can tell, that game should be compatible for Android versions 5.0 and up, you emulator wouldn't have a problem with it normally.

It appears the issue here is that the game you're trying to run is compiled only for ARM devices, most android emulators are emulating an x86

device to take advantage of hardware acceleration (if available), so ARM-only apps wouldn't work on them.

Either that or as other people said, the app developer has decided to block emulators for whatever reason.

is there any way i can get "arm only" apps to work, would i just disable hardware acceleration if that is a setting?

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

That means that device they are using as base is too old for game.

upon checking, the nox emulator is on android 4.4.2 which can download and run PuBG mobile but not the game i actually want to play

would you know an emulator for a more recent build of android, all i know is my phone is at 7.0 and it works fine

6 hours ago, 2FA said:

Seems like they're whitelisting devices.

no, if that were the case, my phone wouldn't be able to run the game; the emulator you recommended runs on 4.4.2 where as my phone is on 7.0

edit: found out that is the default, but can emulate higher levels of android, am going to mess with that

okay, yeah, it was literally just that the default OS version was far too low for this game

though from what the patch notes (for the emulator) said, 7.1.2 is new and still being optimized

2018-07-23 19_15_01-NoxPlayer1-Android7.1.2.png

hmm, these textures are definitely bad though, would anyone know the cause of that happening?

2018-07-23 19_25_17-NoxPlayer1-Android7.1.2.png