Gaming on Linux - With WENDELL from Level1Techs!

3 hours ago, archerbob said:

Is lutris broken?

I am trying to download and install it, but nothing works

what distro?

She/Her

7 hours ago, archerbob said:

Is lutris broken?

I am trying to download and install it, but nothing works

nope

Btw I'm triggered by some affirmations down there but god I would make another tl;dr paper for some July posts

15 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

Anyone here using Manjaro? Also, @Stefan Payne have you tried ReactOS (just out of curiosity)? I'm thinking that other options may be viable as well...

Nope, not in a long time, if at all (don't really remember). but I find the development of an Open Source Windows Clonish Type very interesting.

As for Linux, it looks like I'm going to use OpenSuSe Tumbleweed for now in a dual Disc dual boot for (PS2) Emulation Stuff...

Seems like its the best OS to emulate Playstation 2 stuff at the moment as the Debian PPA seems to be down at the moment (or for whatever reason didn't work on Ubuntu Live yesterday here in Germany) and the Direct3D Renderer is just shit and OpenGL under Windows a bad idea...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

If anyone here is using Manjaro, they can speak for the gaming experience on Arch :D Who here is currently having issues on said branch of distros? Perhaps this can become a help section of sorts (just proposing an idea)? Sorry if it's not wanted...

8 hours ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

If anyone here is using Manjaro, they can speak for the gaming experience on Arch :D Who here is currently having issues on said branch of distros? Perhaps this can become a help section of sorts (just proposing an idea)? Sorry if it's not wanted...

gaming using what? wine? 

She/Her

@firelighter487 That's one option. There's also PlayOnLinux (which enhances WINE), Crossover (has professional support), MONO (if you need .NET support with WINE), Proton (Steam), and others that I have not mentioned (and some of these were mentioned in the video - OP). Just tossing around an idea...

EDIT :: nvm - it's already covered by this forum section. No need for redundancy IMO...

Windows collects so much user data these days! How can you get your game on while controlling how much privacy you give up? Linux to the rescue!

How much data is Billy getting from Windows?

Because it is common sense that the founder of a company, puts in place legacies, policies and attitudes for the company. It is just common sense. So dont go down that road, as some do. Do some thinking on reason, its called logical thinking. We all knew Billy was obtaining information, but I am curious now, what that information is, and who is Billy selling it to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2019 at 6:25 PM, firelighter487 said:

what distro?

I've tried on Ubuntu 16.04 so far and in the finish I gave up... it just won't download.  I know there's a newer version of Ubuntu but when I tried installing that I got issues with the ext4 filesystem when it came to the installation.