How much I should spend for psu

Jumas548

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

if i need to be less specific I would get a GOOD 500 watt contiunius power supply from a brand like cooler master, corsair, EVGA or a company like that. It could quite letterally fry your pc

Looking at PCPP, the good, reasonably priced ones start at €65, and up to about €100. 

Formula 450W, Whisper M 450/550W and Focus Plus Gold 550W, RM550x and Straight Power 11 450W are my recommendations. 

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Wrong country, it's a horrible PSU, and it costs about $40 more than it should. 

:)

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

it's a horrible PSU, and it costs about $40 more than it should. 

That is the thing that makes this hard.. People recommending stuff and other people say that its horrible... I dont know who to listen and who to trust because I dont know shit about psu, and when I watch videos like "How to choose psu" they just say that "choose modular, semi-modular or not modular and get good amount of wattage." They tell nothing else than that tbh

1 minute ago, Jumas548 said:

That is the thing that makes this hard.. People recommending stuff and other people say that its horrible... I dont know who to listen and who to trust because I dont know shit about psu, and when I watch videos like "How to choose psu" they just say that "choose modular, semi-modular or not modular and get good amount of wattage." They tell nothing else than that tbh

Don't go to YouTube. All of the big YouTubers that make PSU videos on YouTube don't know shit, and like spreading misinformation.

Go to actual reviews (again, not on YouTube), and check how they perform. Tomshardware, Techpowerup and Cybenetics are good sources for a bunch of testing. 

If you want to look for a good video about it, Jayztwocents made one about it and i think it's pretty good. he also explains important things about the 12 volt rails and everything. look it up if you need some more help

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Don't go to YouTube. All of the big YouTubers that make PSU videos on YouTube don't know shit, and like spreading misinformation.

Go to actual reviews (again, not on YouTube), and check how they perform. Tomshardware, Techpowerup and Cybenetics are good sources for a bunch of testing. 

I just checked the psu tier list and I chose the first one on the tier2 list is this one good? 

Antec 550W EarthWatts Gold Pro

2 minutes ago, Jumas548 said:

I just checked the psu tier list and I chose the first one on the tier2 list is this one good? 

Yes. The tier list is good for finding PSUs that perform well, but it does not take noise into account. It's not on PCPP DE, the recommendations I made are from checking the pricing on PCPP DE. 

26 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

If you want to look for a good video about it, Jayztwocents made one about it and i think it's pretty good. he also explains important things about the 12 volt rails and everything. look it up if you need some more help

He doesn't explain any of the actual important stuff in there.

If you don't know shit about PSUs, don't pretend you know shit about PSUs.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

4 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

He doesn't explain any of the actual important stuff in there.

If you don't know shit about PSUs, don't pretend you know shit about PSUs.

first, i am not like a specific guy for psu's. I'm just a guy giving his opinion about what i would do

10 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

first, i am not like a specific guy for psu's. I'm just a guy giving his opinion about what i would do

A very terrible opinion which might kill the persons computer...

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

17 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

A very terrible opinion which might kill the persons computer...

you're absolutely right, but that's also the fact if you try to use a b350 motherboard for a 1151 chip. It's not like it's the only dangerous part

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

you're absolutely right, but that's also the fact if you try to use a b350 motherboard for a 1151 chip. It's not like it's the only dangerous part

Wtf go away and shut your mouth if you dont know anything about psus. Imagine, if you would give some computer noob (like me) some tips. Then you end up killing his/her pc. You are not the right guy to help people here if you dont know what you are talking. And your profile avatar is hella annoying too tbh

1 hour ago, Jumas548 said:

Wtf go away and shut your mouth if you dont know anything about psus. Imagine, if you would give some computer noob (like me) some tips. Then you end up killing his/her pc. You are not the right guy to help people here if you dont know what you are talking. And your profile avatar is hella annoying too tbh

Not only that, but the PSU he linked is a potential fire hazard...

If you need quality indicators, check the PSU Tier List in the description. A bunch of people who know (or at least somewhat know) what they are talking about analysed some reviews and put PSUs into categories based on quality...

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

7 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

if i need to be less specific I would get a GOOD 500 watt contiunius power supply from a brand like cooler master, corsair, EVGA or a company like that. It could quite letterally fry your pc

Brand means nothing when selecting PSUs as any company can make bad/good PSU. Just look at EVGA with it's B3 (it's a fire hazard)

For me, I try to spend as much as I can for a good PSU. I bought a SeaSonic PRIME for my PC.

If you're on a budget: Then a Corsair CX450M (2015) is a good choice. The SeaSonic Focus 450 watt is often around a similar price, so that's also a great alternative.

If you have some money to spend, A SeaSonic FOCUS, EVGA G3, Corsair RMx are the common choices. A BitFenix Whisper is great when it's on sale. If you want really high end stuff, then the SeaSonic PRIME series is the way to go. Below are some guides into power supplies. It can get pretty complicated pretty quickly, but it shows you how important PSUs are.

Here are some bad PSUs or PSUs to avoid: Literally everything from Diablotek and Logisys (Bad in every way), EVGA B3 (Faulty Over-Power-Protection), EVGA BQ (Lacking Over-Temperature-Protection), EVGA 100-N1-0400-L1 (overall pretty lousy)... there's many more, but so long as you stick to professional review sites, Like Jonnyguru, TomsHardware, or any other review site that takes apart the PSU and tests it with oscilloscopes and all that, are generally credible reviews. Reviews from YouTuber's and Amazon are 100% meaningless. YouTuber's just get what they're sponsored. For example, BitWit used a B3 in one of his builds.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-power-supplies/ (easy)

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/why-99-percent-of-power-supply-reviews-are-wrong/ (easy)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/how-we-test-psu,4042.html#p1 (easy to medium)

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/2013/march/why-does-a-better-power-supply-mean-a-better-computer-experience (easy)

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2053-power-supply-voltage-ripple-and-relevance (easy)

http://www.overclock.net/t/761202/single-rail-vs-multi-rail-explained (easy)

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supplies-101,4193.html (hard)

https://www.techpowerup.com/articles//overclocking/psu/160/1 (hard)

http://www.xppower.ro/dwnd/Essential_Guide_to_Power_Supplies_full_pdf.pdf(very very hard).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

7 hours ago, Jumas548 said:

Im on budget and this is my build. https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/zC7HRJ Say how much I should spent to psu. And if someone wants to recommend me some, I would appreciate it. And tell me best places to buy with high warranty

Before we get to PSUs

DO NOT BUY THAT MONITOR.

It is not truly 144 Hz. There are other 144 Hz monitors that don't natively run at 72 Hz and and interpolate the other frames. Actually, pretty much any other 144 Hz monitor will actually run at 144 Hz. The Asus VG248 comes to mind as does the BenQ 2411.

Second, for an RX 580 a Corsair TX550M, Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, Bitfenix Whisper/Formula Gold, EVGA G2/G3, would all do fine. 450W would be plenty for OC, although most units I recommended sit at 550W minimum.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

4 hours ago, Jumas548 said:

You guys wonder why I flip my shit and take two or three day vacations from this place?  Whew... boy oh boy....

42 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

You guys wonder why I flip my shit and take two or three day vacations from this place?  Whew... boy oh boy....

I've seen worse in the non PSU sections. 

There are times where I requested a self requested ban for a week or two.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

7 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

Maybe just don't then. That's called wasting everyone's time. And you are leading people astray, because you are too arrogant/stupid to realise that pulling stuff out of your arse doesn't help anyone.

9 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

Brand means shit.

That you mention that knows that you didn't even take 5min to research PSU before giving your "oppinion" about this shit.

Do your research first, before answering.

It took myself almost 10 years to get where I am now...

And you didn't even spend 10 minutes...

9 hours ago, Jumas548 said:

Yeah, if you don't know much about electronics its hard to differentiate the good/valid stuff from all the lies.

Especially in the PSU area, where its full of lies like no other area...

The things I have to say:
You and I can get everything (except the PCB) you need to built your own, modern PSU off of Mouser and Digikey.

A PSU is made out of Standard, Jellybean Parts, custom Parts are very very rare.

How the hell can one manufacturer be "magically" better than another when all have access to the same components at around the same prices?

Impossible!

So what it comes down to is know how and them being willing to do it good. And that is the point.

Even (said) Garbage Manufacturers are able to do really good stuff. And you see that in the last couple of years, like this one:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=554

That's a pretty good looking PSU and Solytech isn't known to be a particularly good...

And that is why you have to look at each and every PSU individually. There are PSU companys that are very competent and you can almost blindly buy one (be quiet for example), there are others where even I have no idea what the hell they are doing (EVGA) and only specific units are worth thinking about. And even they aren't that great (=high fan speed)

Youtube = Entertainment

It is _NOT_ for Knowledge.

You can watch Interviews and other stuff, even with Eric Weinstein but the Tech Stuff is Mostly Entertainment, not Knowledge!

And thus whatever he said is wrong or just obsolete, knowledge from the early 2010s, when it made sense. But not today.

9 hours ago, Jumas548 said:

Its OK, fan might be annoying and in general not the quietest, quite the opposite.

i'm getting a Corsair CX550M myself, but it's kinda expensive.

Ever heard of the Phrase: You get what you paid for!

That means that the good stuff can't be sold for cheap and you have to pay good money for a good product.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

12 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

DO NOT BUY THAT MONITOR.

It is not truly 144 Hz. There are other 144 Hz monitors that don't natively run at 72 Hz and and interpolate the other frames. Actually, pretty much any other 144 Hz monitor will actually run at 144 Hz. The Asus VG248 comes to mind as does the BenQ 2411.

Wait what? It says 144hz.. What you mean? I think its good price for 144hz, 1080p.16:9, 1ms 24" monitor. Could you explain what is problem with this monitor