Being curious...

Warfare9x

A great thanks to the members of jury (upcoming troll's)

So once again since my first post I'm using soframycine ( mistake may be) as a primary thermal paste on my cpu(E5500 dual core) and it's great 

AIADA64 shows 22min temp on cpu & 65max temp@100%* usage. According to my knowledge so far it is keeping up with the temps (normally) I don't see any major difference between Intel's worst thermal paste and mine one which is .309$ Canadian worth for 30gm tube.

Note this is purely an experiment.

Disclaimer: Intel lovers this CPU is not my primary desktop part.

(*)Denotes environment temp@312K degrees.

K= Kelvin.

I think some of the issues more over is the compounds longevity and ease of use. Any basic Intel compound I've used starts out like a wet paste but given 6 months temps are fine but the paste turns into this dry crumbly mess. Meanwhile other compounds I've worked with remain relatively wet & easily removable without too much mess after 2~3 years of use. Not to mention some stock compounds aren't really meant for high over clocking so you see +5℃ +7~8℃ vs aftermarket compounds. (And I'm not talking about gallium or gallium + indium or LM)

You do realize that it makes thing less impressive when you misuse scientific terms. Like not mentioning 65 of which temp scale you are using and then saying room temp in Kelvin.

I'm bit doubtful of all, if your room temp is really 38C and CPU is at 65C max with stock cooler. No matter which paste. I have had E8400 which has same TDP (giving somewhat a comparison) using aftermarket cooler and premium thermal paste. Granted the cooler was small, but still better than stock (Noctua U9B original). My max temps with 23C room temp were 65C (I haven't actually recorded max temp with IBT or P95, just benchmarks so I have to guess it, could be up to 67C).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 20/07/2018 at 11:36 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

You do realize that it makes thing less impressive when you misuse scientific terms. Like not mentioning 65 of which temp scale you are using and then saying room temp in Kelvin.

I'm bit doubtful of all, if your room temp is really 38C and CPU is at 65C max with stock cooler. No matter which paste. I have had E8400 which has same TDP (giving somewhat a comparison) using aftermarket cooler and premium thermal paste. Granted the cooler was small, but still better than stock (Noctua U9B original). My max temps with 23C room temp were 65C (I haven't actually recorded max temp with IBT or P95, just benchmarks so I have to guess it, could be up to 67C).

My bad , 65'C = 338K which is max temp on my cpu while at 100% usage.

"Misuse scientific..":-( I apologise for that .