Youtube not showing resolution options

I was watching this video on youtube

As you can see this video was filmed in 12K and I know for a fact was uploaded in 4K, however my monitor is 1440p but when I go to the resolution setting on the youtube player, it only allows me to select up to 1080p.

Why is this? How can I make it so that I can select 4K even though my monitor isn't? 

I have been able to do this in the past and I don't know why it is different now.

3 minutes ago, 5Beans6 said:

I was watching this video on youtube

As you can see this video was filmed in 12K and I know for a fact was uploaded in 4K, however my monitor is 1440p but when I go to the resolution setting on the youtube player, it only allows me to select up to 1080p.

Why is this? How can I make it so that I can select 4K even though my monitor isn't? 

I have been able to do this in the past and I don't know why it is different now.

i don't really know fam,when i start the video it lets me select up to 8k

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

try using chrome/firefox instead of edge

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

try using chrome/firefox instead of edge

Im actually using chrome so ill try edge haha

2 minutes ago, 5Beans6 said:

Are you on a modern Chrome or like an ancient version that still runs on XP/Vista lol.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, 5Beans6 said:

Don't do it to yourself.

Use Firefox.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

3 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Are you on a modern Chrome or like an ancient version that still runs on XP/Vista lol.

Im on Win 10 with up to date chrome. I think Ill try deleting my chrome cache becasue edge allowed me to watch in 8K

2 minutes ago, userzero said:

Don't do it to yourself.

Use Firefox.

I actually don't mind edge that much I just cant stand the design and the lack of features that other browsers have.

The feature to set tabs aside is actually really awesome!

1 minute ago, 5Beans6 said:

Im on Win 10 with up to date chrome. I think Ill try deleting my chrome cache becasue edge allowed me to watch in 8K

I actually don't mind edge that much I just cant stand the design and the lack of features that other browsers have.

You lie!! kill it!!!

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

16 hours ago, 5Beans6 said:

2Edgy4me

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro