Please help i'm gonna bang my head on wall otherwise.lol

Hi

I'm trying to BIOS from 0058 to 0073A of Motherboard Intel DQ77MK. its a system pulled Mobo.

when i try to update it's giving me " Current BIOS is an unsupported legacy BIOS" .

Then i searched some solution on Google and downloaded " Intel integrator assistant "

to update BIOS and Splash Screen of Mobo. but when i try to run assistant it gives me. The software is blocked for your protection"

Operating system is Windows 10 Pro recently Updated.

Mobo is DQ77MK.

Please help.

Untitled 2.jpg

Untitled.jpg

May sound silly but have you right clicked it and "run as administrator"? You never specified if you did.

possibly just trying to prevent you from modifying BIOS as thats usually a protected thing.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

The board might not support upgrading to the latest directly. Try to install 070 first.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

May sound silly but have you right clicked it and "run as administrator"? You never specified if you did.

possibly just trying to prevent you from modifying BIOS as thats usually a protected thing.

Nothing is silly when you are asking . Yes tried it. same result.

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

The board might not support upgrading to the latest directly. Try to install 070 first.

its from some "RM education" org's property system sold out in market i guess. ok i'll try 070 first

I'm surprised nobody already said it but, don't update your damn bios through the OS!

Do it in the BIOS itself. The only thing you need is the BIOS file and off you go.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

I'm surprised nobody already said it but, don't update your damn bios through the OS!

Do it in the BIOS itself. The only thing you need is the BIOS file and off you go.

Exactly what I were about to write! 

Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING

Ryzen 5900X

Corsair Hydro H150i Pro 360mm AIO

Ballistix 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CL16 RGB

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC

Corsair RM850X

Predator XB273UGS QHD IPS 165 Hz

iPhone 13 Pro 128GB Graphite

3 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

And how to do that .lol. Which file i need " .Bio" ? or exe? in bios i'm unable to find any option of updating the bios .it gives me F7 key option for bios update but when i press it . Nothing happened it gets stuck for like 10 mints there on splash screen.

15 minutes ago, Edward666 said:

its from some "RM education" org's property system sold out in market i guess. ok i'll try 070 first

RM Education are a large computer support company in the UK that works in the education sector. They used to manufacture hardware, such as computers, laptops, etc (or at least they'd rebrand models), but they were always crap. They left the hardware market a while ago and now focus on providing solutions to schools.

Have you read the Read Me file on the downloads page? It gives you instruction on how to update within Windows and also directly from the BIOS (the way that I'd recommend) https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27756/eng/BIOS Update Readme.pdf

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

Sure the bios hasn't been modified in such a way to prevent tampering (bios flash)

It's not a race to the bottom.

8 hours ago, chiller15 said:

RM Education are a large computer support company in the UK that works in the education sector. They used to manufacture hardware, such as computers, laptops, etc (or at least they'd rebrand models), but they were always crap. They left the hardware market a while ago and now focus on providing solutions to schools.

Have you read the Read Me file on the downloads page? It gives you instruction on how to update within Windows and also directly from the BIOS (the way that I'd recommend) https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27756/eng/BIOS Update Readme.pdf

followed instruction but it gets stuck on splash screen after i press F7. i've formatted the flash drive to FAT-32 and NTFS coz i thought it might be file system error but no ! both times same problem.

1 hour ago, 0x1e said:

Sure the bios hasn't been modified in such a way to prevent tampering (bios flash)

what to do then ? i wanna remove splash screen logo and wanna update bios.

2 hours ago, Edward666 said:

what to do then ? i wanna remove splash screen logo and wanna update bios.

depends how they have locked it.
Most would use a single write ROM that has had its circuit physically cut to stop another write. If that is the case then you would have to modify the board or bios, which tbh is not worth it.

They could have also locked it in software, where your current bios is looking for something specific in the newer bios. It stops custom bios installs. IF that's the case then you would need to find the upgraded bios from RM, and not the motherboard manufacture.

It's not a race to the bottom.