Low FPS and GPU Usage in Rocket League (980 Ti)

After building my new PC I've noticed that the FPS and GPU Usage in Rocket League has been very low. I have GTX 980 Ti with a Ryzen 1700 on a b350 plus motherboard, as well as two 8gb ram sticks both at 3200mhz.

Other games run fine. PUBG, for example, runs around 100fps at ultra settings. Rocket league on the other hand, barely reaches 100fps with highest settings, while my friend who has a GTX 1060 gets nearly 200fps in Rocket League. Strange thing is that my GPU usage stays at 30-50% while playing Rocket League, unlike in other games where it easily reaches 90-100%. GPU's temperature stays at 50-60C in RL.

I've already tried the following:

Changed some settings in NVIDIA Control Panel (https://imgur.com/r/RocketLeague/r6YMc)

Reinstalled GPU Drivers.

Disabled Shadowplay.

Messed with Rocket League's in-game settings, tried fullscreen, borderless, vsync on and off, and the lowest settings, which helped only 10-20fps.

Changed GPU's PCIe slot.

I'm kinda helpless now, don't know what to try next. I've been thinking about getting myself a 120hz monitor, but if I can't even reach the required framerate I might as well buy a second 60hz monitor...

Thanks in advance,

Aksu255

So bottleneck makes my overall performance worse than my friend's even though he has the exact same CPU but a worse GPU? And this doesn't affect other games? Well, I guess I should try overclocking my CPU to around 3,7-4,0ghz? My cooler is Deepcool GAMMAXX 400.

4 minutes ago, aksu255 said:

So bottleneck makes my overall performance worse than my friend's even though he has the exact same CPU but a worse GPU? And this doesn't affect other games? Well, I guess I should try overclocking my CPU to around 3,7-4,0ghz? My cooler is Deepcool GAMMAXX 400.

I doubt it’s the CPU rocket league is easy(ish) to run. Do you and your friends play at the same settings?

poop

1 minute ago, IdiotPenguin said:

I doubt it’s the CPU rocket league is easy(ish) to run. Do you and your friends play at the same settings?

Yes we do, but I can't reach his fps even on the lowest settings.

15 minutes ago, sillypenguin213 said:

The CPU is the bottleneck. Single core performance of Ryzen limits your fps on 100

It's not that simple. Since PUBG does do 100FPS+ there's more to it. I know CS:GO has a bug with Ryzen CPUs which can cause low fps on some models, but that doesn't apply to Rocket League. A fresh install of the chipset and graphics drivers might help here.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Isn't it quite unusual however, that the GPU's usage is only a third of it's full potential? It would be nice to get it higher to get more juice out of it.