My HDD is not showing in Boot Priority

Go to solution Solved by emosun,
3 minutes ago, DaPhuc said:

I don't understand? Right now there is nothing in the optical drive to boot into. 

honestly , right now there's no problem with your machine either.

i've typed the answer at least twice now , no sense in me typing any more. maybe somebody else can type the exact same thing to you and you can drive them nuts instead

Mobo: ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97

I have 1 SSD, 2 HDD, and 1 Optical Drive. Port 2 and Port 4 drive are not showing in Boot Priority. 

20180717_192745.jpg

20180717_192708.jpg

20180717_192720.jpg

1 minute ago, emosun said:

is there anything on the drives to boot to , you cannot boot to them if there's nothing bootable

Port 2 and Port 4 drives are for games and other stuff. It doesn't have anything OS related on it. 

2 minutes ago, DaPhuc said:

Port 2 and Port 4 drives are for games and other stuff. It doesn't have anything OS related on it.

then they're not going to show up in the BOOT priority are they?

then they're not going to show up in the BOOT priority are they?

I don't know? That's why I am seeking for help. I am worried my drives might be dead if the BIOS cannot detect it on Boot Priority? 

1 minute ago, DaPhuc said:

I don't know? That's why I am seeking for help. I am worried my drives might be dead if the BIOS cannot detect it on Boot Priority?

if they have nothing to boot then they aren't going to show in the boot priority as an option.... much in the same way your toaster isn;t a selectable gpu.

if the drives show up in windows then why does it matter?

7 minutes ago, emosun said:

if they have nothing to boot then they aren't going to show in the boot priority as an option.... much in the same way your toaster isn;t a selectable gpu.

if the drives show up in windows then why does it matter?

Maybe there's something wrong that my Mobo don't detect those two drives? I don't know? 

Maybe there's something wrong that my Mobo don't detect those two drives? I don't know? 

so let me get this straight....

theres nothing wrong with the machine
the drives show up and are being used in windows
they show up in the bios
but they don't show up as a bootable option EVEN THOUGH they aren't boot drives to begin with......

thats your problem correct?

so let me get this straight....

theres nothing wrong with the machine
the drives show up and are being used in windows
they show up in the bios
but they don't show up as a bootable option EVEN THOUGH they aren't boot drives to begin with......

thats your problem correct?

Yes. My two HDDs are not show up in the Boot Priority with and without CSM enabled. 

Yes. My two HDDs are not show up in the Boot Priority with and without CSM enabled. 

there nothing on the drives to boot to , i dont know what else to say. if you arent going to put something on the drive for the system to boot to then its not going to be a bootable option.

there nothing on the drives to boot to , i dont know what else to say. if you arent going to put something on the drive for the system to boot to then its not going to be a bootable option.

But why is my optical drive show when I enable CSM even though nothing on the optical drive to boot to? 

But why is my optical drive show when I enable CSM even though nothing on the optical drive to boot to? 

you can put a boot disk in the cd rom

install something on the drive to boot to first , only then if its not an option do you actually have a problem.

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

you can put a boot disk in the cd rom

install something on the drive to boot to first , only then if its not an option do you actually have a problem.

I don't understand? Right now there is nothing in the optical drive to boot into. 

i've typed the answer at least twice now , no sense in me typing any more. maybe somebody else can type the exact same thing to you and you can drive them nuts instead

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

Okay, thank you very much for helping me out. You are awesome.