PUBG Windowed Mode with Crossfire

Ryujin2003

So.. I had been curious about crashing I experience with PUBG when I have CF active. I will get intermittent crashing and sometimes be unable to get past the loading screen, which will cause issues of missing jumps and being forced out of the game with the AFK'ers. So I'd have to go into my Radeon manager and disable CF.

However, I realized that at some point, I had updated my GPU drivers, but I haven't been having any crash issues because PUBG changed its default from Fullscreen to borderless window. I don't appear to have any hit to my FPS, and have significantly increased system stability. I no longer experience crashing or other issues with the game. I did some basic looking, and four Bitwit's video about the fullscreen vs windowed, and it was pretty decent. However, there wasn't really much explanation about how Windows manages the screen, information pertaining to the possible input lag, or other issues he mentions in his video. I'm not the best PUBG player, and am definitely casual AF. So some of that stuff isn't too extremely important to me.

I didn't know if anyone could point me to a recent and currently applicable resource or if they could explain the technical differences between windowed and fullscreen because I'm very curious to see why and how it might fix CF issues with this game. The only other game I've played in borderless fullscreen that fixes some CF issues is ESO. I don't have the graphical issues that occasionally occur with light reflections on water and shadows.... But why would windowed fix this as opposed to fullscreen?

I've tried looking online, and find many things pertaining to W7, but from my understanding, the way Windows manages screen objects is different in the W8 and W10 applications.

System:

R7 1700x

MSI x370 Gaming Carbon Pro

16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000

Dual RX 480 8GB

W7 had not integrated the Desktop Composition into Windows Desktop Management.

That screws everything up in the W8, 8.1, 10.

It even makes Free-Sync/G-Sync unusable in Windowed/Borderless mode if you run multiple monitors with different refresh rates.

And yes, Windowed/Borderless mode has quite severe and negative impact on FPS and Frametimes on W10.

And since the Desktop Composition is now directly tied to WDM, it cannot be disabled.

if your are tabbing in and out the game a lot then i would use boardless