vga to hdmi converter not working

spiroulis
Go to solution Solved by samcool55,

The adapter only works in 1 way, HDMI input -> VGA output.

You are trying to use it the other way round, which doesn't work.

It's a HDMI to VGA adapter and not a VGA to HDMI adapter.

Nothing you can do about, the active piece of the adapter is what needs to be changed which isn't exactly something you can easily do.

So i have this old laptop with only vga output and a new tv with only hdmi input so i went and bought a vga-female to hdmi-male convertor to use the tv as a monitor for my laptop but it wont work. After some research i read that vga is analog signal and hdmi is digital and that puny convertor i got wont be able to transform the signal and is used to connect hdmi output to like an old monitor with vga input (the complete opposite of what i want to do). Is there something i am missing? Is there a way to work around it and make it work with some software or something?

Thanks in advance.

This is the converter i got:

20170623113947_powertech_hdmi_male_vga_female_cab_h071.jpeg.f3b76a501208cf364936e8a6ea7a671e.jpeg

The adapter only works in 1 way, HDMI input -> VGA output.

You are trying to use it the other way round, which doesn't work.

It's a HDMI to VGA adapter and not a VGA to HDMI adapter.

Nothing you can do about, the active piece of the adapter is what needs to be changed which isn't exactly something you can easily do.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon