Aesthetics or Airflow?

anuyunn
Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
On 7/14/2018 at 10:00 PM, anuyunn said:

My build is a budget one, a G4560 + 1050 ti

Then Either case would be suitable enough to cool your system adequately,. The Nexus M has enough ventilation to meet the heat demand, so if you prefer the look of it, go that route. 

My rule of thumb is it's okay to get aesthetically pleasing cases as long as they can adequately provide airflow to the system you're building. Anyone who tells you "Airflow or bust" is full of hot air ;) 

I'm choosing on what case i should buy, the first case has a front mesh and has 2 fans, 1 for intake and 1 for exhaust, the other case has a nicer design to it but its intake is on the side, and it has 3 fans, 2 for intake and 1 for exhaust and it also has front, top and PSU dust filter. So which of these cases should i get? (If you're wondering, I"m from the Philippines, and  i don't know if these cases are sold on other countries.)

The cases are the (1) Tecware F3 and (2) Tecware Nexus M:

~https://www.tecware.co/f3

~https://www.tecware.co/nexus

f3.JPGF3

nsuc.JPGNEXUS M

34 minutes ago, RobFRaschke said:

That F3 is hideous. Get the Nexus M.

They have a new version, they only changed the side window 

1 minute ago, anuyunn said:

They have a new version, they only changed the side window 

PSU shroud and clean lines FTMFW, I still say the Nexus IMHO.

Go for the nexus m.

Quote or tag me @Lemtea so I can see your reply. 

PSU Tier List

DAYBREAK: R5 5600X | SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 6700XT | 32GB RAM | 1TB 970 EVO PLUSCRUCIAL MX200 1TB SSD | 4TB HDD | CORSAIR TX650M | PURE BASE 500DX | Win 10
FIRESTARTER: I5 760 @ 4.0GHZ | XFX R9 280X DD | 8GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX500 250GB SSD | OCZ ZX 1000W | CM 690 IIIWin 10
KEYBOARD & MOUSE | CORSAIR STRAFE RGB (MX RED) | GLORIOUS MODEL D | STEELSERIES QCK XXL
LAPTOP: DELL XPS 15 9570 i7 8750H | GTX 1050TI MAX Q | 16GB RAM | 500GB PCIE SSD | 4K TOUCHSCREEN Win 10 PRO

5 hours ago, anuyunn said:

I'm choosing on what case i should buy, the first case has a front mesh and has 2 fans, 1 for intake and 1 for exhaust, the other case has a nicer design to it but its intake is on the side, and it has 3 fans, 2 for intake and 1 for exhaust and it also has front, top and PSU dust filter. So which of these cases should i get? (If you're wondering, I"m from the Philippines, and  i don't know if these cases are sold on other countries.)

The cases are the (1) Tecware F3 and (2) Tecware Nexus M:

~https://www.tecware.co/f3

~https://www.tecware.co/nexus

What's your build?

Honestly the Nexus M will be good enough for any hardware i5/R5 and RX580/GTX1060 and below. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

19 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

If its a functional component that sacrifices performance for looks then i would absolutely avoid it.

I would generall agree, but the mesh around the front panel edges looks sufficient, and it has two intake fans and one exhaust, versus one intake and one exhaust, so even with some restriction, it's going to flow more air than the meshy one, and it's positively pressured to keep dust down, a bit, plus it has fan filters, including for the PSU, so it pretty definitively is going to have better performance too.

So... The Nexus M!

Airflow > all , well , size > all (with size comes airflow and easy repair , got my 760t and i love more than anything else, despite plastic instead tempered glass)

I made a research for one friend and take a loot at this box (cheap on europe 167mm cpu (noctua compatible) all fans included tempered glass front and sidepanel)
https://www.amazon.es/dp/B0747X165K/ref=asc_df_B0747X165K53927309/?tag=googshopes-21&creative=24538&creativeASIN=B0747X165K&linkCode=df0&hvdev=c&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

On 7/12/2018 at 9:02 PM, TVwazhere said:

What's your build?

Honestly the Nexus M will be good enough for any hardware i5/R5 and RX580/GTX1060 and below. 

On 7/14/2018 at 10:00 PM, anuyunn said:

Then Either case would be suitable enough to cool your system adequately,. The Nexus M has enough ventilation to meet the heat demand, so if you prefer the look of it, go that route. 

My rule of thumb is it's okay to get aesthetically pleasing cases as long as they can adequately provide airflow to the system you're building. Anyone who tells you "Airflow or bust" is full of hot air ;) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25