My First Ever Custom PC Pt.2 - Fan Splitters & 4th Case Fan

jiyeon

Welcome to part 2 of my build log!

This part 2 will cover my addition of a 4th case fan through the use of PWM fan splitters.

If you remember from my first build log, you'll remember I didn't have enough fans or fan headers to accomodate all my fans, but I just bought some fan splitters to enable me to use all four of my fan slots!

Today I'll be putting in my 4th case fan, an NZXT FN V2, the stock case fan that came with my NZXT S340.

1.thumb.jpg.6660635a02cece39629604fdabec8de9.jpg

This was the layout I eventually went with;

Front fans would share one fan header (highlighted in red) and my rear & top fan would share a fan header (highlighted in blue).

I went with this layout since the front fans are intakes and the rear & top fans are exhausts, so it makes sense for one of each to be slaving RPM from another for optimal air pressure.

4.jpg.71dbbe0d91838a76ec57567319a794e6.jpg

The top fan blends in well with the other fans despite being RGB-less, fortunately the rear fan's LEDs reflect off the top nicely so it can at least pretend to be lit up white!

I will eventually replace this fan with another Corsair SP120 to match the rest of the fans.

2.jpg.506f86f4b9d284129862d1fdc73595a4.jpg

As mentioned before in my build log, I was using my AIO pump header as a 3rd fan header, which annoyed me an awful lot, and here we are now with CHA1 and CHA2 occupied by a fan splitter.

3.jpg.db44426fc8440c43d8b1cdedac775d4f.jpg

Temperature-wise, the idle temp was around 29°C with the new fan in, previously my idle temp would be anywhere between 32-37°C which is a nice drop.

5.PNG.ba41a368e93175845d7443558c92e937.PNG

Be sure to see my first build log on this PC here!

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches