So, what is your best guess for when GPU pricing will drop?

GilmourD
On 7/8/2018 at 12:50 PM, GilmourD said:

Long story short I've got a GTX 560Ti and... It's old. It does weird things when I log out of Windows and nVidia's not supporting it with driver updates any longer. I don't want anything crazy since, when I do game, it's basically stuff like TF2 and CS:GO, so I'm eyeballing the GTX 1060 3GB (yeah, I know, it's not the 6GB... Get over it, the 3GB is cheaper).

With all the stories about how GPU pricing is supposed to drop 20% this month... I'm surprised it hasn't happened, yet.

So, when do you think this will happen? How likely do you think it'll be that I can get a 1060 3GB for $175 (which the wife is OK with me spending)?

Buy one next week.

6 hours ago, iKingRPG said:

Buy one next week.

Think there's going to be anything on Amazon Prime Day? Prime Day never fell at a time when I've actually had money before so I never paid attention (why punish myself with what I can't have, right?). This year I think I could swing $200.

If we're all boned and this price drop rumor is a load of bung, serious question... Would I be better off with a 1050Ti 4GB or a 1060 3GB? Remember, Team Fortress 2, CS:GO, nothing crazy outside of the way the wife will kill me if I spend too much. I'd rather post that I got a card rather than you guys see me in the newspaper as the victim of a gruesome murder. :D

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

On 7/13/2018 at 8:33 AM, GilmourD said:

Think there's going to be anything on Amazon Prime Day? Prime Day never fell at a time when I've actually had money before so I never paid attention (why punish myself with what I can't have, right?). This year I think I could swing $200.

If we're all boned and this price drop rumor is a load of bung, serious question... Would I be better off with a 1050Ti 4GB or a 1060 3GB? Remember, Team Fortress 2, CS:GO, nothing crazy outside of the way the wife will kill me if I spend too much. I'd rather post that I got a card rather than you guys see me in the newspaper as the victim of a gruesome murder. :D

same about the money thing, i am considering a 1060 or possibly if it is cheaper a RX 580.