Which Psu I Need This Rig.......

Godblock_db

Processor    -    Intel® Core™ i7-8700K

Motherboard   -  ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING Motherboard

Ram   -   Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB DDR4

Cooler    -    NZXT KRAKEN X62 RGB All In One

GPU   -   Asus GTX 1080 TI 11GB GDDR5X ROG STRIX GAMING OC

I Need Psu So which psu recommend for this rig..........?

Thank You..........

With those specs I would definitely get a tier 1 psu (check out the psu tier list).

650W should be more than enough with headroom to overclock. I would get something like the corsair rm650x, very quiet and not too expensive. 

For that system I would recommend a good quality 550W PSU, as that will give you plenty of headroom for overclocking.

Just to give you a few suggestions, check out models such as the Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550W, the Corsair RM550x, the BeQuiet Straight Power 11 550W, Bitfenix Whisper 550W, or CoolerMaster MasterWatt 550W.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

55 minutes ago, Spotty said:

For that system I would recommend a good quality 550W PSU, as that will give you plenty of headroom for overclocking.

Just to give you a few suggestions, check out models such as the Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550W, the Corsair RM550x, the BeQuiet Straight Power 11 550W, Bitfenix Whisper 550W, or CoolerMaster MasterWatt 550W.

Masterwatt is a SIGNIFICANT step down from the others, worse than a CX, similar (quality wise) to a CXm, a Pure Power 10 is a much better budget unit, though OP should not be getting such budget units.

Just some bapo nerd from 'Straya

PCs:

Main: i7 7700K (5GHz 1.4V) | ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz (3200MHz CL14 1.365V) | ASUS PRIME Z270-AR | Thermaltake SMART 750P | Coolermaster Seidon 240P | Acer Predator X34 (34" 1440p144Hz GSync IPS)

Secondary: i5 3570K | Intel HD4000 (RIP Sapphire HD 6850) | 2x2GB + 1x4GB Kingston 1600MHz | ASUS P8Z68-V LX | Corsair CX650 | Coolermaster Hyper D92 | Sony Bravia VPL-VW80 (108" 1080p60Hz projector)

Laptop: i7 7700HQ | GTX 1060 6GB MXM | 2x16GB SODIMM | OEM Acer Motherboard | 17.3" Screen (1080p60Hz IPS)

iMac: Core 2 Duo T7400 | ATI Radeon X1600 | 2x1GB 667MHz DDR2 | 20" Screen

Master Watt uses a similar plattform than be quiet System Power 9.

BUT: with a couple more Caps for transients.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 hour ago, awesomegamer919 said:

Masterwatt is a SIGNIFICANT step down from the others, worse than a CX, similar (quality wise) to a CXm, a Pure Power 10 is a much better budget unit, though OP should not be getting such budget units.

I was under the impression that the 'MasterWatt' series from CoolerMaster was an acceptable quality PSU. Checking the PSU tier list and it's listed in Tier 2. Is there something wrong with it that I'm not aware of? Is it really that bad? I've recommended it in quite a few budget builds as a good quality PSU (usually either it or the CX450M), so if there's any reason why I shouldn't be recommending it then I'd like to know.

I've noticed a bit that whenever I, or others, give advice in these threads and provide a couple of options on what to buy, they often come back and say "Thanks for your help! I had a look, but those were too expensive so I just bought the CrapShocker 300 instead. Is this a good PSU?" and I end up banging my head on the desk. That's why I wanted to include a cheaper, yet still decent, option amongst my recommendations. I wasn't trying to claim that it was equal to or better than the other models listed.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

40 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I was under the impression that the 'MasterWatt' series from CoolerMaster was an acceptable quality PSU. Checking the PSU tier list and it's listed in Tier 2. Is there something wrong with it that I'm not aware of? Is it really that bad? I've recommended it in quite a few budget builds as a good quality PSU (usually either it or the CX450M), so if there's any reason why I shouldn't be recommending it then I'd like to know.

I've noticed a bit that whenever I, or others, give advice in these threads and provide a couple of options on what to buy, they often come back and say "Thanks for your help! I had a look, but those were too expensive so I just bought the CrapShocker 300 instead. Is this a good PSU?" and I end up banging my head on the desk. That's why I wanted to include a cheaper, yet still decent, option amongst my recommendations. I wasn't trying to claim that it was equal to or better than the other models listed.

The tier list is never going to be 100% correct, the topology of the Masterwatt is significantly worse than that of the CX (Double forward DC-DC vs Half Bridge Resonant Conversion DC-DC) and component choice is no better. As I said, it's quality is similar to that of the CX-m, no the CX.

Just some bapo nerd from 'Straya

PCs:

Main: i7 7700K (5GHz 1.4V) | ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz (3200MHz CL14 1.365V) | ASUS PRIME Z270-AR | Thermaltake SMART 750P | Coolermaster Seidon 240P | Acer Predator X34 (34" 1440p144Hz GSync IPS)

Secondary: i5 3570K | Intel HD4000 (RIP Sapphire HD 6850) | 2x2GB + 1x4GB Kingston 1600MHz | ASUS P8Z68-V LX | Corsair CX650 | Coolermaster Hyper D92 | Sony Bravia VPL-VW80 (108" 1080p60Hz projector)

Laptop: i7 7700HQ | GTX 1060 6GB MXM | 2x16GB SODIMM | OEM Acer Motherboard | 17.3" Screen (1080p60Hz IPS)

iMac: Core 2 Duo T7400 | ATI Radeon X1600 | 2x1GB 667MHz DDR2 | 20" Screen

8 hours ago, Spotty said:

Ah, I think I was probably looking at higher-wattage versions of that unit when I put it on the list several months ago. The regular MasterWatt at the 550W mark is a pretty good unit, but comparable to a CX/CXM. I'd prefer it over a CXM because of fan choice but the CX is a better unit.

For a 1080 Ti it's probably OK to power the system with, but you can definitely do better if you can afford a 1080 Ti and 8700K.

10 hours ago, Godblock_db said:

Processor    -    Intel® Core™ i7-8700K

Motherboard   -  ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING Motherboard

Ram   -   Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB DDR4

Cooler    -    NZXT KRAKEN X62 RGB All In One

GPU   -   Asus GTX 1080 TI 11GB GDDR5X ROG STRIX GAMING OC

I Need Psu So which psu recommend for this rig..........?

Thank You..........

An EVGA G2, Corsair RMi/RMx, Seasonic Focus Plus Gold/Platinum, Bitfenix Whisper, etc would all be good, 550W and up.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||