Suggestions and tips for a racing-style gaming desk chair??

Sin Stalker

Hi,

I've been wanting one of these style desk chairs for awhile. I saw one, with the color scheme I like, that was heavily on sale. I was about to buy it when I decided to check the reviews. Not a single one-star, great reviews. There were a few 2 and 3 star reviews that mentioned the hydraulic fluid may be cheap since it falls after 5 to 12 months of use. 

So I was wondering if anyone knows of any good brands for these racing-style gaming chairs that have better quality components, such as the arm wrests and hydraulic components? 

Thanks.

Don't buy a racing chair - They're really uncomfortable and really not the best choice for long hours at a desk (he says from his shitty $100 Staples chair). Look at "executive chairs" or something of that nature

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

People actually fancy those chairs? not only they are ugly they are not comfortable at all, buy yourself a high end common office chair you'll be doing yourself a great favour if you plan on long sessions at the desktop while they look as good as it gets either ways.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

now im going to go against the flow and say they can be fine but do realize that they aren't a great value in many cases,

Here it was about the same for me to get a off brand as it was to get a nice office chair that I liked.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

7 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

now im going to go against the flow and say they can be fine but do realize that they aren't a great value in many cases,

Here it was about the same for me to get a off brand as it was to get a nice office chair that I liked.

7 hours ago, Snipergod87 said:

those racing style chairs is honestly like sitting on a wooden board, 0 comfort.

7 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

People actually fancy those chairs? not only they are ugly they are not comfortable at all, buy yourself a high end common office chair you'll be doing yourself a great favour if you plan on long sessions at the desktop while they look as good as it gets either ways.

I like the idea of...

1. A high backed chair

2. an office chair that can recline or be a recliner. 

7 hours ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Don't buy a racing chair - They're really uncomfortable and really not the best choice for long hours at a desk (he says from his shitty $100 Staples chair). Look at "executive chairs" or something of that nature

Any suggestions for executive chairs? Ideally ones that can recline?

Either you can look for racing style gaming chair online by browsing the different e-commerce sites or else can have a look at this site which contains a huge variety of chairs. Last month, my colleague has purchased a high neck chair from the store and he is much impressed by the quality of a product. Might be this can prove helpful for you too.  You can choose the option in which you feel comfortable.

I'm a weirdo because I actually like racing chairs and real bucket seats in race cars because I'm super slim, if you aren't super slim, don't even look at them.

The construction on every one I've seen is also almost identical so it doesn't seem to matter. The biggest thing is that the memory foam seat cushion will eventually expire, which is just the nature of it. Then it loses any comfort it did have. The reclining is nice, but the high sides make it difficult to put your hands behind your head and in most cases the armrests aren't long enough to be usable when reclined so your arms tend to end up in some awkward positions.

#Muricaparrotgang