asus strix GTX 1060 6G RGB acting up

slider_aus

so i have a little problem with my rgb on my card it was working perfectly fine yesterday before i decided to reinstall my windows and now only half the card lights up, i have only seen a few posts about this with a look on google and no resolutions, i have all the latest drivers installed and windows is up to date 

does anyone have any idea what is causing this

10 minutes ago, slider_aus said:

so i have a little problem with my rgb on my card it was working perfectly fine yesterday before i decided to reinstall my windows and now only half the card lights up, i have only seen a few posts about this with a look on google and no resolutions, i have all the latest drivers installed and windows is up to date 

Try reinstalling the drivers. Also try installing whatever lighting software asus has and see if that works.

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

You need the the ASUS Aura Sync Software to control the RGB lighting.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

ok i just tryed reinstalling the nvidea driver and the aura sync and aura rgb lighting control.

that did not work ether 

3 minutes ago, slider_aus said:

ok i just tryed reinstalling the nvidea driver and the aura sync and aura rgb lighting control.

that did not work ether 

Did you try opening the aura sync and trying to change the colors and whatnot?

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

rekt

2 minutes ago, slider_aus said:

yes

Did you try unplugging and plugging the card back in when the PC was off?

Do you have geforce experience installed?

rekt

yea i reseated the card a couple of times now and geforce exsperience is installed

Just now, slider_aus said:

yea i reseated the card a couple of times now and geforce exsperience is installed

OK, uninstall GeForce experience and follow this guide to install led visualizer without GeForce experience.

Play around with the settings on there to see if the leds work on restart.

rekt

ok odd led visualizer odes not exist in my directory

1 minute ago, slider_aus said:

ok odd led visualizer odes not exist in my directory

You have to install it. Follow the guide. Use the steps "If you DON'T have geforce experience installed" (unistall nvidia experience before doing this)

rekt

2 minutes ago, slider_aus said:

nvm...lol

ok haha

rekt

ok led visualizer wont interact with my cards leds at all however it does see the cards temp and clock speed and what not

the other 2 programs only light up half the card

1 minute ago, slider_aus said:

ok led visualizer wont interact with my cards leds at all however it does see the cards temp and clock speed and what not

O, I have one last idea, I need you to clear your bios. Shut down your PC, take out the cmos battery, (look up a tutorial if you are not sure) and wait 30 seconds to a minute and put it back in. Turn on your PC and see if it works. If that doesn't work, you can try flashing your bios to a newer or older version. If both of those don't work, sadly you will need to RMA your card if you really care about the lights. :( 

rekt

ok ill give that a shot later 

thanks anyway

Hopefully that works. I'm out for today. I'll be back tomorrow!

rekt

• 5 months later...
On 7/3/2018 at 3:47 AM, slider_aus said:

hi, my card suddenly acting up the same.. not any solution here working... got solution already?