The RAVE PC Build Log

6 hours ago, Atharv said:

Can someone help me with those RAINBOW fans. I want to make it for my pc build. A step by step guide would be nice i am pretty dumb in diy department. Thanks in Advance. :)

1. Prime fan with white paint

2. Paint the fan blades using colourful paint, like in the picture below. On the computer fans we were able to go two blades per colour.  We found using a sponge and dabbing the paint on was the best way to get coverage.

3. Get some low speed fan adapters.  Our fans needed two low speed adapters each for the effect to look good, if they are spinning too fast then it just looks like a mess.

Image result for rainbow fan

Thanks this was super helpful. just one question, if i lower the fan speeds wouldn't it affect the performance of the build? anyways i am gonna definitely try it as soon as my whole pc components are here RTX (Oh! God please) and post my try at it here. I like you on the channel though dude, would love to see you more on the vids. :)@AlexTheGreatish

2 minutes ago, Atharv said:

~snip~

The lower speeds will mean less airflow in the case.  In this build it didn't really matter since the cooling was so OP anyway, although it could be not great in other scenarios.  Really as long as you're just using the fans for airflow and not pressure it shouldn't make much of a difference, so if you have air cooling just keep the CPU fan normal, or if you're doing liquid put the funky rainbow fans in the front and then put the rad and static pressure fans in the top of the case.  Standard fans work just fine.

14 minutes ago, Atharv said:

By the way do you know the new RTX Benchmarks? :ph34r:. i won't tell no one :ph34r:

Lol nope, we don't even have the card yet, and the drivers aren't getting released until tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @AlexTheGreatish can i get one more help from you. I am using a 2080 graphics card and a asus vg248qe 144hz monitor. i am using a DVI-D (dual link) cable which came in the monitor box and the displayport to dvi-d (dual link) dongle which comes with the RTX 2080 FE

but i am not able to get 144hz in nvidia settings as well as in advanced displaying settings in windows (in the drop down list of refresh rates). because of which i am not able to use 144hz on my monitor.

12 hours ago, Atharv said:

Hey @AlexTheGreatish can i get one more help from you. I am using a 2080 graphics card and a asus vg248qe 144hz monitor. i am using a DVI-D (dual link) cable which came in the monitor box and the displayport to dvi-d (dual link) dongle which comes with the RTX 2080 FE

but i am not able to get 144hz in nvidia settings as well as in advanced displaying settings in windows (in the drop down list of refresh rates). because of which i am not able to use 144hz on my monitor.

Normally if you do Right Click -> Display Settings -> Advanced Display Settings -> Display Adapter Properties -> Monitor -> Refresh Rate you can change it there.

@AlexTheGreatish

I know . I did that. i am using a DP port now and it works just fine. Apparently the dongle that came up with the RTX 2080 DP  to (dual-link) DVI-D wasn't supporting 144hz. i am just curious why?

And lastly i just wanna ask you. recently i watched one of LTT's videos about the LAN center and the rig that you are using especillay ASUS Z370-G ROG line up one MOBO.

have you guys finished one build at least like with all the drivers and all the things installed? Coz i am having a problem with the Z370-G's audio when it comes to gaming.

6 minutes ago, Atharv said:

@AlexTheGreatish

I know . I did that. i am using a DP port now and it works just fine. Apparently the dongle that came up with the RTX 2080 DP  to (dual-link) DVI-D wasn't supporting 144hz. i am just curious why?

And lastly i just wanna ask you. recently i watched one of LTT's videos about the LAN center and the rig that you are using especillay ASUS Z370-G ROG line up one MOBO.

have you guys finished one build at least like with all the drivers and all the things installed? Coz i am having a problem with the Z370-G's audio when it comes to gaming.

Oh yeah sometimes dongles can screw things up, presumably just mediocre electronics.

That's weird, what kind of problems?  Right now the LAN Center is on hold but @LMG Ivan was the one in charge of that project.

ok. so when i used it without drivers the sound was okay but the the highs were distorted ( talking about the drivers that were pre installed by windows 10).but were still low like in ingame footsteps even at the max volume.

after this i tested all the drivers that were available on the website. and the most recent one is working but i have to go into sonic studio 3 and turn on the enhancements to get the sounds heard in game by just maxing out the smart volume thing in that but the problem is that the sounds don't feel real like the guns sounds are lot different then i am used to ( tested on PUBG and CSGO).

also it says this mobo has supremefx in it. but when i see it on the website in the audio drivers and utilites tab there is no mention of supremefx only realtek audio drivers. @AlexTheGreatish

and this is all on audio devices speakers and headphones (corsair hs70) .

i also had a cheap kotion headphone which uses a 3.5mm jack (when there were preinsatlled audio drivers by windows) i used the the loudness equalization enhancement  and it worked but all the other drivers didn't had these options and my headphone (corsiar hs70) and speakers also didn't have this options in it's settings (in the win drivers). @AlexTheGreatish

4 hours ago, Atharv said:

and this is all on audio devices speakers and headphones (corsair hs70) .

i also had a cheap kotion headphone which uses a 3.5mm jack (when there were preinsatlled audio drivers by windows) i used the the loudness equalization enhancement  and it worked but all the other drivers didn't had these options and my headphone (corsiar hs70) and speakers also didn't have this options in it's settings (in the win drivers). @AlexTheGreatish

Yeah I really have no clue what's going on, maybe just uninstall all audio drivers and then try again

• 4 years later...

I was just recommended to watch this video because I’m currently posting elsewhere’s on this forum about my own build. I am describing the build as having an aesthetic of a 1970s/1980s era blacklight poster. I am basing it on a combination of a pink case with white components and lots of RGB. This is the first creator/gaming desktop PC with a custom water cooling loop that I have ever built in my life. The last desktop computer that I personally built was way back in the windows XP days having just crossed over into XP from windows 98, so that is how long ago it was. Back then there was barely any Internet. If there wasn’t Internet, we were on those beep beep, beep, modems phone  AOL was still coming into its own and all the computer parts were just very basic parts. There was nothing high-performance about anything and you did not need 1,000,001 fans and there was no RGB.

This build is proving to be a challenge for this first timer. I am very jealous of this build. I would love to know about the case . It is gorgeous. This build having been made five years ago. I am believing the beautiful unicorn case is no longer available. This is the case that I opted for. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09LVNJBDM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Pink Mars Gaming Case 02.jpg

Pink Mars Gaming Case 03.jpg

Pink Mars Gaming Case 01.jpg

Pink Mars Gaming Case 03.jpg

Pink Mars Gaming Case 04.jpg

Pink Mars Gaming Case 02.jpg

Pink Mars Gaming Case 01.jpg

Pink Mars Gaming Case.jpg

Edited by WonderWoman
Add link and pics for case.

• 2 weeks later...

My build just turned into a disaster! First off the slots at the bottom of the case that go from the back of the case, where the PSU is to the front. Those slots are too small to fit the connectors for the PSU cables. The ones at the top are fine, and the ones that run down the side where the motherboard gets mounted and where the fan and radiator get mounted fine but the ones at the bottom too small for the connectors to fit through. I also just installed my GPU with the GPU install. There’s no room for the Hydro X pump/reservoir.  The case I purchased is an 80 X size case which I thought would be adequate enough boy was I wrong in order to do a full water cooling loop you pretty much need an EATX size case. I will now be looking for a pink EATX case. 

On 9/7/2023 at 6:09 PM, WonderWoman said:

My build just turned into a disaster! First off the slots at the bottom of the case that go from the back of the case, where the PSU is to the front. Those slots are too small to fit the connectors for the PSU cables. The ones at the top are fine, and the ones that run down the side where the motherboard gets mounted and where the fan and radiator get mounted fine but the ones at the bottom too small for the connectors to fit through. I also just installed my GPU with the GPU install. There’s no room for the Hydro X pump/reservoir.  The case I purchased is an 80 X size case which I thought would be adequate enough boy was I wrong in order to do a full water cooling loop you pretty much need an EATX size case. I will now be looking for a pink EATX case. 

Do you have the fan mount for the Hydro X? It might still be possible but real tight.  But yeah for custom water cooling EATX makes your life sooo much easier.

On 9/11/2023 at 3:40 PM, AlexTheGreatish said:

Do you have the fan mount for the Hydro X? It might still be possible but real tight.  But yeah for custom water cooling EATX makes your life sooo much easier.

I remembered that the pink fans are available as either the triple which I have or as double.  I went ahead and ordered the double fan for the bottom to see if that will help things fit better and they arrived today and I have positioned everything in the case to see and I think the double fans work better.  Here's a pic showing the better fit.......Note - nothing is installed yet, just layed out/positioned to see how it all fits.  I will probably start installing everything tomorrow.

Question, I had to go to Micro Center for something today.  I asked about there being any UV blacklight glass tubes/glass bulbs available specifically designed for computer case lighting and they said that there really aren't any because everyone is using the cheap LED strips.  I don't have the abiity to do any soldering because I don't have the tools, don't want to buy them and have never done any soldering and I am not interested in learning how to do that.  Do you know of any UV blacklight (not RGB/ARGB strips because RGB/ARGB can only do purple and NOT a true UV blacklight) LED strips already designed to be connected to a MoBo or USB?

Bottom Double Fan Positioning.jpg

On 9/11/2023 at 3:40 PM, AlexTheGreatish said:

I forgot to answer your question about the mounting bracket....yes I have it but no matter what, I cannot use it because it will not fit.....If I use it to attach to the bottom of the case itself then it causes the pump/reservoir to have to move over towards the GPU in order to be mounted on the bracket and if I attach it to the pink fans standing upright then it also cause the pump/reservoir to not fit in relation to the GPU.  I am forced to have to attach the housing that the pump/reservoir gets mounted in to the case bottom.

On 9/13/2023 at 5:32 PM, WonderWoman said:

Question, I had to go to Micro Center for something today.  I asked about there being any UV blacklight glass tubes/glass bulbs available specifically designed for computer case lighting and they said that there really aren't any because everyone is using the cheap LED strips. 

CableMod makes some.  They're kinda expensive and use a stupid IR controller, but they also will plug into your PSU so that's cool.

On 9/14/2023 at 9:21 AM, WonderWoman said:

I forgot to answer your question about the mounting bracket....yes I have it but no matter what, I cannot use it because it will not fit.....If I use it to attach to the bottom of the case itself then it causes the pump/reservoir to have to move over towards the GPU in order to be mounted on the bracket and if I attach it to the pink fans standing upright then it also cause the pump/reservoir to not fit in relation to the GPU.  I am forced to have to attach the housing that the pump/reservoir gets mounted in to the case bottom.

Looks fine in the pictures!