Gaming disorder

While it may be an officially recognized disorder, I think you would be hard pressed to find any doctor who would actually do anything for you beyond telling you to get off the couch and get a job. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

18 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

While it may be an officially recognized disorder, I think you would be hard pressed to find any doctor who would actually do anything for you beyond telling you to get off the couch and get a job. 

Dammit, I want need a better gpu

20 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

A psychologist would probably have to take gaming disorder seriously  or they could  be sued since its actually recognized as a disorder  it would be like showing symptoms of depression  and them doing nothing  

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

Just note that you end up with bigger trouble by lying about your health than just getting shitty job for few months. Like loosing your health insurance for life as you are known to commit fraud.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

19 hours ago, tydraestor said:

If I claimed I had gaming disorder could I file for social security? ?

If you have an official diagnosis to back it up, yes. This also means going to a certified psychologist or psychiatrist and getting a paper justifying that you are ineligible for employment and entrepreneurship due to having a gaming disorder, and that this prevents you from maintaining any sort of income. IDK how it works in the USA past that point, but usually you are then required to get help for that disorder in order to become functional, which means going to therapy, where you will most likely be exposed as a fraud. And if you don't go to therapy, you may become ineligible for social assistance.

The whole ordeal would take more time and effort than just getting a job, since you are obviously a fraud and able to earn an income. You'll even make more money for your effort that way.

Sounds like another way for government bureaucracies to control a group of somewhat technologically literate and open minded people into being good wage slave sheeple.

14 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

................get a job

but isnt the american dream to get paid by the goverment to do nothing but eat cheese burgers and gain 500 pounds

21 hours ago, tydraestor said:

but isnt the american dream to get paid by the goverment to do nothing but eat cheese burgers and gain 500 pounds

1. That’s offensive

2. No, the American dream is to get your own job, house, have the freedom to practice your religion & tell the government when you’re discontent with it. The American dream is about being your own person & not being limited to how much money you’re allowed to have. 

Edit:

nevermind

57 minutes ago, fpo said:

1. That’s offensive

2. No, the American dream is to get your own job, house, have the freedom to practice your religion & tell the government when you’re discontent with it. The American dream is about being your own person & not being limited to how much money you’re allowed to have. 

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/sarcasm ;)

tell your doctor you have multiple fur-sonality disorder.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

On 7/2/2018 at 12:34 AM, Sierra Fox said:

................get a job

I second this...

Also come on guys, stop giving him bad ideas... Don't commit fraud....

Find a job, learn budgeting, and investing... control and grow your finances yourself, it's a valuable skill.\

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

It's very hard to get social security money, I started applying over a year ago and I have yet to get approved. I also have multiple disabilities such as major depression, psychosis, and anxiety disorder which makes it hard, but not impossible, to work. And yes, you can file, but you most likely are going to be denied unless you can prove it has a very adverse effect on you and stops you from working. You will need to see a therapist and other doctors and be officially diagnosed. It's not worth it if you're just bull shitting to try to get money. Get a job, it's much easier and you'll make more in the long run.

Wait... doesn't OP have a job?

According to OP's age via profile birthday you should be able to find income pretty easily, unlike most threads where the OP is too young to legally work.

@tydraestor Get out there and make $ already, set up a proper budgeting plan and invest for your future. Put some effort into it man, it's very rewarding stuff...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

23 hours ago, tydraestor said:

High-quality sarcasm! :D 

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

You also have to be approved by age 23 in most cases is the other thing.  Or, you are disqualified in most cases.

Your talking social security benefits I'm assuming. 

I've never applied for such benefits so I'm not familiar with what the exact requirements are, may vary depending on state as well.

Regardless I think OP should still be able to to find a temp job if he's not working as a Web Designer right now, one of the first things to consider once you get a stable job is to save money for the possibility that you may need it for emergency use(aka if your no employed). 

23 minutes ago, EPENEX said:

It's very hard to get social security money, I started applying over a year ago and I have yet to get approved. I also have multiple disabilities such as major depression, psychosis, and anxiety disorder which makes it hard, but not impossible, to work. And yes, you can file, but you most likely are going to be denied unless you can prove it has a very adverse effect on you and stops you from working. You will need to see a therapist and other doctors and be officially diagnosed. It's not worth it if you're just bull shitting to try to get money. Get a job, it's much easier and you'll make more in the long run.

Just wait till you apply for Medicaid (or Medicare... which ever is for when you become old.) 

2 minutes ago, fpo said:

Just wait till you apply for Medicaid (or Medicare... which ever is for when you become old.) 

I'm on medicaid, that's for low income people, while medicare is for 65+ older people.

4 minutes ago, EPENEX said:

I'm on medicaid, that's for low income people, while medicare is for 65+ older people.

My grandparents are finally on it & it’s a hassle. I’d rather not derail the thread anymore but I’m sure you also know how poor quality some services are. 

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

-snip-

Ahh I see what you mean now, Good get off the system. It's there to assist, shouldn't be there to support you for your whole dam life.