IT PASSED!!!: California approves strong data privacy rights opposed by ISPs and tech companies

I can see the "right to equal service and price" being overturned.  A company simply has to argue that selling PI was funding the service therefore without it the user will have to either pay, pay more or not be entitled to the service.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

A bill that makes sense from california? Am i dreaming?!? *starbucks coffee intensifies*

In all seriousness, wish it didn't have to come to the government interfering with this, and this will indeed have some sort of consequences for the user.

Probably wouldn't have happened if not for GDPR.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

12 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Is it lite? It looks more resolute and encompassing than GDPR, to me.

I'm not well versed on GDPR. Does it entitle people to differentiate between the collection and the sale of their data in their preferences, and also to the right to equal service and price regardless of their choice?

Edit: And also who their data is being sold to?

The main GDPR changes are:

1. Really really hefty fines if you cock up
  2. Right of requesting access to stored data must now be faster (30 days and for free)
  3. Explicit consent

Haven't went through the California bill yet though.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide