how do i block out words on youtube/goolge chrome

NotTheRelaxngEnd

ok, so i HATE fortnite for... reasons no, it's not that i'm bad at it, but i have personal reasons for hating the game (and in a big part it's community) so, can i somehow blacklist the word "fortnite" on youtube and even better, google chrome unless i put in the specific link to that video? (since most fortnite videos that pop up in recommended are cringe worthy or down right unpleasant [while yes, some might be good, but most of the time it just pisses me off seeing people spend hundreds of dollars on a free game or seeing desperate attempts from epic games to try and attract public])

So if youtube comes up with it in your "hey we think you might like" start page, you have watched too many of fortnite vids. Clear out your "watched videos" in YT. 

Else, learn to accept things... this will be a lesson needed for the whole life that is about to unroll... you can't just walk around and demand/or do black out things you don't like. That is life =) 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

I don't know about blocking the entire word, but if any video is recommended to you and you don't like it, you can hover over it, click the three dots that appear in the corner, and select "Hide".

From there, you can click "Tell us why" and select that you're not interested in the video. Your recommendations should tune themselves automatically after a few hidden videos.

39 minutes ago, Shadestones said:

I don't know about blocking the entire word, but if any video is recommended to you and you don't like it, you can hover over it, click the three dots that appear in the corner, and select "Hide".

From there, you can click "Tell us why" and select that you're not interested in the video. Your recommendations should tune themselves automatically after a few hidden videos.

i've been trying that for 3 weeks already....

30 minutes ago, NotTheRelaxngEnd said:

i've been trying that for 3 weeks already....

If you have any videos in your watch history, you can track them down and remove them. This is bound to be more effective if you're still being suggested Fortnite content.

Just click not interested & don’t click the videos. I usually just use the sidebar to find the channel I want to watch, see their video and turn off YouTube or listen to a music playlist I saved. I don’t really even scroll to see any videos-and if I do, I usually say I’m not interested in most. 

15 hours ago, Anghammarad said:

So if youtube comes up with it in your "hey we think you might like" start page, you have watched too many of fortnite vids. Clear out your "watched videos" in YT. 

Else, learn to accept things... this will be a lesson needed for the whole life that is about to unroll... you can't just walk around and demand/or do black out things you don't like. That is life =) 

Ehhh... Just because they're showing up in his recommended videos doesn't mean he watched a lot of it. Youtube loves to recommend things that are popular, and Fortnite is on fire right now. A few years ago I spent like half the day binge watching some small channel, then I accidentally clicked one Pewdiepie video, and clicked off of it within like 10 seconds. Guess what my recommended was full of? Pretty much all Pewdiepie.

Youtube's algorithm... I mean the algorithm probably doesn't work that way any more as that experience is a little old, but I'm willing to bet that it's still that way.

To the OP, you're just gonna have to learn to deal with it.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer