Suggestions on a discreet smart watch?

Hey LTT Forums!

I’ve been using my trusty G-Shock for about 3-4 years now and it’s worked perfectly until I was too lazy to change the battery and I’ve been toying around the idea of getting a new watch.

So since it would be the only watch I’ll be having I wanted it to be discreet and be usable like a normal watch without being connected to a phone and also not look like a smart watch (not a full screen but maybe a digital time readout instead of a configurable screen and then an included screen) since I’m gonna be wearing this too school where they don’t let us get smart watches or phones I want it to be perfectly usable and when I get back home and go out I would like it to show me all the info I wanted like reading out my notifications or measuring my steps etc etc. something like the Razer Nabu watch but without the horrible quality complaints (I’m also used to a large and bulky design) also maybe around the same price point as the Nabu. 

Help me out!

and Thanks!!

:D

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎27 at 7:04 AM, TandemCatz said:

-snip-

Casio has some G-Shock models that have Bluetooth to control music playback and receive notifications. Is that what you want?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I like how you have a G-Shock and compare it to the Razer Nabu xD

The Nabu is a glorified fitness band. Nothing wrong with that, but it looks more like a classic FitBit then a watch - traditional or smart.

Can you list what actual features you need? You might not need a smartwatch at all.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 6/28/2018 at 10:04 PM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Casio has some G-Shock models that have Bluetooth to control music playback and receive notifications. Is that what you want?

They’re much more expensive and really hard to find around where I’m at but all the other usual brands have their watches here but sadly not Casio 

18 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I like how you have a G-Shock and compare it to the Razer Nabu xD

The Nabu is a glorified fitness band. Nothing wrong with that, but it looks more like a classic FitBit then a watch - traditional or smart.

Can you list what actual features you need? You might not need a smartwatch at all.

I need something to track my fitness stuff, show notifications and maybe (not really nesscessary since it’s a far reach) show weather so that I don’t have to take my phone out everytime I expect a message from but turns out it’s aother shitposting group. But then I kinda need it to show me time like how a digital watch does since they don’t let us have smart watches in school and having a full screen would get me busted so basically something like the Nabu’s design