Corsair K55 Dead?

So about a month ago i went and bought a Corsair K55 not really because i needed a new keyboard but because i had a gift card for a tech store and i liked the idea of having Macro's along with RGB. So anyway up until today it had been great but when i started playing some Fallout my movement keys started sticking on (not physically) and 70% of my keystrokes were ignored, this continued into other windows Applications. So i done the obvious thing and restarted windows which didn't help so i tried a different usb port and still the same issue. So i unplugged it and turned it over to inspect if some damage occurred when i wasn't around and there was nothing so i plugged the keyboard back and in only half the keyboard was lit properly and only green when the default is rainbow. i should also mention that until now the Windows Lock light had been flashing constant and i had tried to reset the keyboard using the FN+F4 command but to no avail it wouldn't even show that it was resetting (lock lights should flash). I put the keyboard back in it's box and left it for a while then came back to it and plugged it back in, all the lights lit up as they should but same issue still occurred in windows with only 10-20% of my key strokes registering and also randomly sticking on.
I have a feeling this keyboard is just... well you get the point but i just wanted to check and see if anyone else had, had this issue. For now im back to my perfectly working 14 year old Dell keyboard that came with my first pc (Dell Dimension 2400).
cheers guys

1 minute ago, Staris said:

Do you have warrenty? 

It came with 2yr's of warrant and ive only had it a month old so yeah

3 minutes ago, nootnoot1277 said:

It came with 2yr's of warrant and ive only had it a month old so yeah

So then go get a refund or something like that.

17 minutes ago, Staris said:

So then go get a refund or something like that.

im going to... i was simply asking if anyone else had ever experienced anything similar with this model

2 hours ago, nootnoot1277 said:

im going to... i was simply asking if anyone else had ever experienced anything similar with this model

Corsair’s keyboard lineup is quite decent. So you might just have been dogged by misfortune for receiving a faulty keyboard. :)

2 hours ago, nootnoot1277 said:

I have the exact same keyboard and have 0 issues with it. It really does sound like you got unlucky.

Return it for a new one. Corsair's keyboards are very good and you will not regret.

15 hours ago, NMS said:

I have the exact same keyboard and have 0 issues with it. It really does sound like you got unlucky.

Return it for a new one. Corsair's keyboards are very good and you will not regret.

UPDATE:
so i went back to the store today and the guy refunded my gift card and then said i could choose something else and he would do the best deal on it he could. so i chose myself out a Corsair K63 with Cherry Red switches, Retail price of $179 and he sold it to me for $120 (AUD)  so i got a way better keyboard for an extra $17.

27 minutes ago, nootnoot1277 said:

UPDATE:
so i went back to the store today and the guy refunded my gift card and then said i could choose something else and he would do the best deal on it he could. so i chose myself out a Corsair K63 with Cherry Red switches, Retail price of $179 and he sold it to me for $120 (AUD)  so i got a way better keyboard for an extra $17.

That’s a nice gesture of the store manager. Glad everything turned out fine for you. :-)

• 8 months later...

I have the same keyboard, and I was typing up an essay after 3 days of no use and the F key died (the switch). I could still press it, but the switch made no connection to the pc. Only had it for 1 month. I ordered on Amazon from Corsair, so what should I do?