Semi-Budget CPU for gaming

I want a CPU that will pair well with a GTX 1060 and is futureproof (I don't have to change it for at least 3-4 years).

Should I go with the i5 8400 or Ryzen 5 1400?

I like the fact that the i5 is 6-core but the R5 is cheaper (for around 15-20 euros in my country).

It will be used primarily for gaming, also some rendering, exporting etc, but nothing extreme. As said I want it to last for a while, hence why I was going to go with the i5, because of the 6 cores...

I am not THAT keen on overclocking but I might have to if I keep it for a while...

If you have another CPU to recommend (for example the i3 8350k which I thought of getting) feel free to do so :) 

8400. Otherwise grabbing like a used older i7 system with RAM is a great way to get a kickass system on the cheap: if it's your first build however I would avoid it since there is more likelihood of troubleshooting at some point in the future 

That's an F in the profile pic

Yup. Defo the 8400. Others say get an older i7 - you can, but I don't recommend it , unless it's a really killer deal. The i5 is with 6 cores and 6 threads will set you good for a long life, and it'll have warranty and it's generally safer to buy than used.