Newegg Credit Card?

Psittac

Just beware of a few things. I have a store card with a travel agent which I use to lock in low airfares and had a couple of annoying surprises.

1. Annual fee. You'll likely be slapped with an annual fee. For a one-off computer purchase, that'll just mean you're paying more for the computer than it's worth, which isn't great.

2. Interest on annual fee - this was the annoying surprise. I booked a $3000 airfare the first time using the card because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to pay off a credit card in full at the end of the month. Turns out I was able to - so I ended up paying off the entire store card balance ($3000) but I didn't pay the $100 annual fee, because I had well and truly surpassed the minimum payment. But the annual fee is not interest free and I ended up being charged like $15 interest at the end of the month. Finance company did eventually remove the interest after much nagging. Make sure your first payment is the minimum amount PLUS the annual fee, or you’ll get caught out.

3. Extremely high interest rate on purchases not at the retail partner (Newegg in this case). For day to purchases, get a credit card.

52 minutes ago, Dredgy said:

Just beware of a few things. I have a store card with a travel agent which I use to lock in low airfares and had a couple of annoying surprises.

1. Annual fee. You'll likely be slapped with an annual fee. For a one-off computer purchase, that'll just mean you're paying more for the computer than it's worth, which isn't great.

2. Interest on annual fee - this was the annoying surprise. I booked a $3000 airfare the first time using the card because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to pay off a credit card in full at the end of the month. Turns out I was able to - so I ended up paying off the entire store card balance ($3000) but I didn't pay the $100 annual fee, because I had well and truly surpassed the minimum payment. But the annual fee is not interest free and I ended up being charged like $15 interest at the end of the month. Finance company did eventually remove the interest after much nagging. Make sure your first payment is the minimum amount PLUS the annual fee, or you’ll get caught out.

3. Extremely high interest rate on purchases not at the retail partner (Newegg in this case). For day to purchases, get a credit card.

1. again NO ANNUAL FEE https://promotions.newegg.com/nepro/16-6891/index.html#

2. See #1

3. Well of course don't use this for day to day stuff that is to small an order to qualify for one of the financing options, that should go without saying, definitely use your regular credit card unless you are good with your finances and properly pay everything off every month so you don't get hit with interest rates, i've had my oldest credit card for almost 4 years now and have not paid a penny in interest on any card