Any Z77 Mobo users still out there? Slow ssd Win10

Hello and good day to the LTT community,

I recently noticed my Samsung 840 Pro 256gb SSD didn't feel as snappy as it once did.  Ran a benchmark, and the IOPS appeared to be low, about 60k read and 50k write.  With the low IOPS, and the drive being almost 5 years old, and having 160TB written to it, I figured it was time for a new one.  Purchased an 860 pro 256gb, and it's showing the same thing just about.  Contacted Samsung, ASUS, and Intel, with Intel being the most helpful by suggesting a couple generic versions of the Rapid Storage Technology Driver, which marginally improved things.  I have verified the drive is plugged into the Intel controlled SATA 6Gbps ports, setup 10% over provisioning, set power mode to high performance.  I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64Bit, which I suspect is actually the problem.  My Z77 Maximus V Gene mobo just doesn't run well with Win 10.  ASUS started to release some Beta Win 10 drivers for my board, but never released updated chipset drivers or an Intel RST driver.  So just for grins, I setup a partition on my 860 Pro, and installed Windows 7.  Running the benchmark again now under Win 7, everything is maxed out.  Sequentials' and IOPS are 98K read and 90k writes.  Appreciate any insight any current z77 users running Win 10 on their boards might have, that are also using solid state drives.

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro ver. 1803 Build 17134.112

I7 3770k @4.7Ghz (on water)

Maximus V Gene z77 mobo latest Bios

EVGA GTX 980 ti

16gb Dominator Platinum 2133mhz ram

Samsung 860 Pro 256Gb SSD

WD Black 4TB X2 storage drives

Corsair 850watt PSU

xghPLBh.png

I ditched my Z75 board a few weeks ago, I didn't see any SSD slowdown.

I have a 2700K (4.9 GHz) and a ASUS Pro-V Z77 board. 980 Ti as well

I'm still running Window 10 without issues here. No SSD slowdown. I have a 480 GB Sandisk Extreme 2 though.

I want to upgrade to an 8700K, but screw the prices of RAM right now. lol

5 hours ago, scottyseng said:

I have a 2700K (4.9 GHz) and a ASUS Pro-V Z77 board. 980 Ti as well

I'm still running Window 10 without issues here. No SSD slowdown. I have a 480 GB Sandisk Extreme 2 though.

I want to upgrade to an 8700K, but screw the prices of RAM right now. lol

Thanks for info.  Something weird must be going on with my system.  Not sure what else it could be, except some sort of driver issue.