Anything similar to the HTC One M8?

Hello yall!

I currently have a HTC One M8. Its getting very old now, but I'm not really aware of what phone is out there. I'm so in love with the quality of the screen (you can't see the pixels, colors are so vivid, never seen a screen comparable), its sturdiness, its perfect weight, its size, its stainless back, etc. But especially the screen and its for that reason I haven't changed yet. My bf has the new Pixel 2, and its nothing like the M8 imo. Its too lightweight and for some reason I can't keep it in my hand lol, i'm having a hard time having a good grip... Anyway, the M8 has served me very well many years, but its time to change. Its getting laggy, camera/light sensor is broken... I paid 250$ used for it and I'd like to find an other deal like this. I'm not willing to go with iPhone. I've seen the new iPhone X, its screen is amazing, but paying over 1k$ makes no sense to me.

Is it me or HTC is not sold anywhere now? I can't recall having seen a HTC in a phone booth for a while. My brother had an M8 and thats why I felt in love with it. 

Sorry for my bad english.. 

TLDR: Looking for HTC One M8 replacement. Must have same or better screen/sound quality and sturdiness. Not necessarily looking for the most powerful phone, but I'd like it to last me an other 4 years. Want it to be a good overall phone. I'm not very aware of what is out there. Also not looking to pay more than 500$. Very willing to buy used. Won't pay phone monthly. I'm in Quebec, Canada.

Thank you :)

I went from a One M8 to a Sony Xperia X Compact before ending up on a Pixel 2. It's funny, I went for the Pixel 2 specifically because its dimensions are so close to the M8 (as you'd expect...the Pixel 2 is an HTC phone). I'd really give the P2 a second look, because I think it's the spiritual successor to the M8/M9/10 line.

If the Pixel 2 really isn't your thing, you could look at the HTC 10 or the U11. Both are larger than the M8 (the U11 significantly so), but they're direct follow-ons to the M8.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

In today's day and age, I would forgo anything HTC branded.  They are not sitting pretty right now and updates are far and few in between.  When new exploits come out good luck getting them patched in a timely manner.  If you are wanting to stick with HTC design then follow @aisle9's advice and get a Pixel 2.  I have a Pixel 2 XL and have zero complaints about it.  At least with Pixels you will get monthly security updates and guaranteed updates for 2 years.  

If you are not dead set on HTC design/hardware, then wait a few months till the new Pixels come out (should be announced in October IIRC).  

@JmzT The new Pixels are being built by Foxconn

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

46 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

@JmzT The new Pixels are being built by Foxconn

yeah thats why I said if they aren't dead set on HTC hardware/design

I'm not dead set on an other HTC, not at all, but I've got 2 HTC in my life and I've always been very satisfied. So going else where is just new to me. I find the Pixel 2 a bit to light for my taste. And I can't find a used one under 600$ and less than 2 hours drive away.. How does the Samsung Galaxy compare? And how the Pixel 1 is compared to its successor?