Phone wifi is really slow

Aaron_Blue01
Go to solution Solved by Aaron_Blue01,
10 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

Either your WiFi chip or your internet connection. What are your download and upload speeds, and what phone model are you using?

My download speed is at 12.5 mbps (half of what it's supposed to be) and my upload speed was taking to long to determine so I don't know. I tested this from my computer. I'm guessing my family's WiFi is just trash. 

My phone's wifi is really slow and I can't figure out why. Everyone else's devices connected to this wifi are working fine. I know a good deal about Android phones but this is stumping me. Any ideas or suggestions?

Check my profile information. Lol

5 minutes ago, Aaron_Blue01 said:

My phone's wifi is really slow and I can't figure out why. Everyone else's devices connected to this wifi are working fine. I know a good deal about Android phones but this is stumping me. Any ideas or suggestions?

Maybe there is a speed limitation over your phone's IP. Also try to disable mobile data to check it

12 minutes ago, Aaron_Blue01 said:

Does this only occur with one specific WiFi network or is it a general phenomenon?

Either your WiFi chip or your internet connection. What are your download and upload speeds, and what phone model are you using?

hi.

25 minutes ago, IgorM said:

Maybe there is a speed limitation over your phone's IP. Also try to disable mobile data to check it

I don't have any more mobile data. I ran out a few days ago.

18 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Does this only occur with one specific WiFi network or is it a general phenomenon?

From what I remember, it's been happening with all WiFi.

10 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

My download speed is at 12.5 mbps (half of what it's supposed to be) and my upload speed was taking to long to determine so I don't know. I tested this from my computer. I'm guessing my family's WiFi is just trash. 

12.5 mbps / 8 = 1.5 megabytes per second. If that's what your getting, it's fine.

hi.

2 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

12.5 mbps / 8 = 1.5 megabytes per second. If that's what your getting, it's fine.

Do you think it has anything to do with me being out of mobile data? It wouldn't make sense but you never know.

2 hours ago, Aaron_Blue01 said:

Do you think it has anything to do with me being out of mobile data? It wouldn't make sense but you never know.

WiFi and your mobile provider data don't have any connection.

hi.