Question about these fittings

So i found these fittings from monsoon. they are led plug fittings. i want to use them to light op my res as i think its kinda sad that the coolant gets so dark. 

first of all i read that the led´s are all uv colors. and somewhere else i read that the color of the led´s are the same color as the housing.

and second i dont know where to put them in my res. i though of putting 2 of them in the buttom because i cant put one in the top as its going to hit my fan.

i dont know if they are powerfull enough to light up the whole res from the buttom. if they arent i think it will look kinda dump with only the half of the res lighted up

Fittings:

My coolant and res:

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

:Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

7 hours ago, seba7661 said:

So i found these fittings from monsoon. they are led plug fittings. i want to use them to light op my res as i think its kinda sad that the coolant gets so dark. 

first of all i read that the led´s are all uv colors. and somewhere else i read that the color of the led´s are the same color as the housing.

and second i dont know where to put them in my res. i though of putting 2 of them in the buttom because i cant put one in the top as its going to hit my fan.

i dont know if they are powerfull enough to light up the whole res from the buttom. if they arent i think it will look kinda dump with only the half of the res lighted up

Fittings:

My coolant and res:

I would say that i's correct that the color of the fitting and LED's are the same. As for placement I would recommend either the top or bottom ports of the caps so the light shines through the whole length of the res. From the images it looks like they put out a good amount of light. 

http://www.xtremerigs.net/2012/11/25/monsoon-light-port/

11 hours ago, W-L said:

I would say that i's correct that the color of the fitting and LED's are the same. As for placement I would recommend either the top or bottom ports of the caps so the light shines through the whole length of the res. From the images it looks like they put out a good amount of light. 

http://www.xtremerigs.net/2012/11/25/monsoon-light-port/

okay. do you have any idea how tall the plugs are. maybe i can squieeze the plug under the fan without it hitting the fan.

i spent $3500(23,000dkr.) on building my pc and i only play csgo on low settings..

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700  CPU: Cooler: H100i v2  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming  RAM: Corsair Dominator 3000mhz 16GB  SSD: Kingston 960 GB  Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus viii Formula  PSU: Corsair RM 750x 80+ Gold  CASE: Coolermaster H500P

4 hours ago, seba7661 said:

okay. do you have any idea how tall the plugs are. maybe i can squieeze the plug under the fan without it hitting the fan.

Hard to say exactly since I can't find an engineering drawing that has the dimensions. This photo gives a decent reference in terms of scale being smaller in both height and diameter to a regular compression fitting. 

DaulAl.jpg?resize=640%2C489

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

Hard to say exactly since I can't find an engineering drawing that has the dimensions. This photo gives a decent reference in terms of scale being smaller in both height and diameter to a regular compression fitting. 

DaulAl.jpg?resize=640%2C489

i think im going to order 2. to bad that the red ones are ligthing red... i will need to buy the white ones for a red and black build....

3 minutes ago, seba7661 said:

i think im going to order 2. to bad that the red ones are ligthing red... i will need to buy the white ones for a red and black build....

If you don't mind doing a little soldering you can take apart those fittings and replace the LED with a color of your choice, just make sure you have the correct resistor in place.

2 hours ago, W-L said:

If you don't mind doing a little soldering you can take apart those fittings and replace the LED with a color of your choice, just make sure you have the correct resistor in place.

think ill just spray/paint them. as i have no idea how to solder and i dont have a solder iron

11 minutes ago, seba7661 said:

think ill just spray/paint them. as i have no idea how to solder and i dont have a solder iron

Just make sure to mask off the bottom threads, and oring, wouldn't be too good to have paint inside the loop. 

Just now, W-L said:

Just make sure to mask off the bottom threads, and oring, wouldn't be too good to have paint inside the loop. 

was thinking on pulling the whole thing apart

On 14/6/2018 at 1:00 AM, W-L said:

-Snip-

Okay i really dont know what to do. I see a lot of bad reviews on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017ZHEK4C/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3GO5VFCNOM5I7&psc=1

5 hours ago, seba7661 said:

Okay i really dont know what to do. I see a lot of bad reviews on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017ZHEK4C/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3GO5VFCNOM5I7&psc=1

Oh are those the specific ones your planning on getting. The ones I linked before was the first generation ones that are different from the newer ones if your worried about it cracking. A long as you don't over tighten the fittings it shouldn't have an issue.

1 hour ago, W-L said:

Oh are those the specific ones your planning on getting. The ones I linked before was the first generation ones that are different from the newer ones if your worried about it cracking. A long as you don't over tighten the fittings it shouldn't have an issue.

oh i did not know there was different generations. whats the difference between the 2?

2 minutes ago, seba7661 said:

oh i did not know there was different generations. whats the difference between the 2?

The threaded portion is is acrylic letting more light pass but where the old one has a metal ring with a clear acrylic center.

1 minute ago, W-L said:

The threaded portion is is acrylic letting more light pass but where the old one has a metal ring with a clear acrylic center.

so the ones from amazon has metal ring and the ones from highflow are the new ones?

8 minutes ago, seba7661 said:

so the ones from amazon has metal ring and the ones from highflow are the new ones?

Other way around the highflow ones have a metal threaded section, amazon’s are acrylic. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Other way around the highflow ones have a metal threaded section, amazon’s are acrylic. 

well which are the best then. sry i just dont really get it

3 minutes ago, seba7661 said:

well which are the best then. sry i just dont really get it

I would personally go for the highflow one since they have a threaded metal section just for peace of mind incase of over tightening. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

I would personally go for the highflow one since they have a threaded metal section just for peace of mind incase of over tightening. 

okay i will go for those. thank you