ShadowPlay Bug List!

TTesla

Now I know shadowplay is still in beta, thats why I am posting these bugs to warn others of potential problems they might experience.

1. Audio and Video Sync problems

2. Video playback stutters and video lags behind audio making issue 1 worst

3. doesn't tell you when your recording.

4. Only records games, nothing else

5. Only records games it recognizes  :(

6. recording does not look as good as real thing

7. Not a bug, but not enough customization ability

BUT a HUGE benefit is the TINY Performance hit :)

If ANY of these are my fault and not that of ShadowPlay's please let me know and I do apologize in advance :)

EDIT: also

Also:

- Since the recordings are in a lossy format, they tend to look quite a bit worse than lossless recordings after being reuploaded and compressed even further by Youtube, etc.

- Currently when an update is released for GeForce Experience, ShadowPlay is disabled and must be reenabled again to be able to record, which can be very annoying if you have some good footage after you updated but didn't remember to reenable ShadowPlay

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

It Recognizes most DirectX game it doesn't need to manually support games

Yeah but those small games, or those not based on DirectX, still I think they should let us just record everything, then I will be fine

Also:

- Since the recordings are in a lossy format, they tend to look quite a bit worse than lossless recordings after being reuploaded and compressed even further by Youtube, etc.

- Currently when an update is released for GeForce Experience, ShadowPlay is disabled and must be reenabled again to be able to record, which can be very annoying if you have some good footage after you updated but didn't remember to reenable ShadowPlay

Yeah but those small games, or those not based on DirectX, still I think they should let us just record everything, then I will be fine

Its not like they have a checkbox that says Let them record everything? It takes alot of work but they are working on adding OpenGL support among other things, everything is still in beta so be patient

Some things I'd really like to have the ability to do are:

- Record footage >20 minutes in the past

- Record in a lossless format

- Record in OpenGL games

Its not like they have a checkbox that says Let them record everything? It takes alot of work but they are working on adding OpenGL support among other things, everything is still in beta so be patient

I understand, but you know what I wanted to record that I can't MINECRAFT! So yeah, I will just have to wait for that or use Fraps or OBS in the meantime

I understand, but you know what I wanted to record that I can't MINECRAFT! So yeah, I will just have to wait for that or use Fraps or OBS in the meantime

At least Minecraft isn't an intensive game (that is, without mods :P)

That would be great to see, though

Some things I'd really like to have the ability to do are:

- Record footage >20 minutes in the past

- Record in a lossless format

Yeah

I would REALLY like that second one eh?

At least Minecraft isn't an intensive game (that is, without mods :P)

That would be great to see, though.

Exactly, that is basically why I don't care much for minecraft especially, but other higher end OpenGL games.

Edit: but that shadow feature would be great for minceraft huh?

Actually Shadowplay does let you know when its recording, you just need to set it up to display in one of the 4 corners of your screen. You set it in Geforce Experience (i'm using v1.8.1) and when you hit record a little green dot will appear in that corner. On thing i would like to have included into Shadowplay is an FPS counter/monitor so i can actually see how little of an FPS hit i'm taking :)

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

Don't forget the bug where it thinks 16 GB is less than 4 GB.

shadowplay.PNG

HAHAHA wow that is funny

also it do not support 500 series of NVidia.

thats a big MINUS for me

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

also it do not support 500 series of NVidia.

thats a big MINUS for me

Not Nvidia's fault, those are not Kepler GPU's, they are fermi, which do not have the h.254 incoder required for to record using shadowplay!